We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nextel fashion show at le blanc 2013

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Nextel fashion show at le blanc 2013

A number of people have noted that you should stay away from le blanc during the nextel fashion show because of the closures that occur while its going on.

Unfortunately, my google-fu is weak and I can't find the dates for the 2013 show. Does anyone know when it is going on this year?

It looks like it typically happens at the end of may beginning of June and we are looking to go 6/2-6/7.

Thanks!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nextel fashion show at le blanc 2013

One bump.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nextel fashion show at le blanc 2013

Looks like 2011 was the one and only time it was held in Cancun.

www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
810 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nextel fashion show at le blanc 2013

We were at LeBlanc in 2011 , I think it was the begining of Nov. and there was a fashion show going on , not sure if it was the Nextel show but the resort was only at 25% capacity and the show had no effect on anything being closed except for the pool on the back side of the resort. They built a runway over the pool.Other than that you would have never known that a show was going on.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nextel fashion show at le blanc 2013

Thanks for the responses!

Cancun
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nextel fashion show at le blanc 2013

may 31, 2013

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nextel fashion show at le blanc 2013

Isn't Nextel a mobile phone company which does not exist anymore, it was bought out by Sprint. Or is it different Nextel?

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nextel fashion show at le blanc 2013

They are setting up a fashion show now. They are setting up a stage on the beach for an event Saturday. I have a friend that just checked in last night. She said there are models everywhere! I think she said it was an MTV event though.

Pascagoula...
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nextel fashion show at le blanc 2013

Just let me tell you! We go to Palace Resorts every year. No,we're not members and choose not to be. We have a contact who is. We decided to check out LeBlanc last year about this time. We SPLURGED on this and got the Gov's Suite. The checkin was smooth and got our room without having to wait which was a first since it was early morning. The wonderful greeting with cool towel, drink and flower thing thanks makes all these resorts personal. The suite was on 7 th floor as we has asked for and it was to die for. The view was amazing ! About three days before we were to leave, we had just gotten to bed after a noisy wedding party that the whole floor had to call the front desk. As I said just got into bed when what seemed to be a helicopter spot light lit up our entire room . I'm not exaggerating! Then the beep, beep started. After looking down at beach out our window , it looked like tiny ants running all over the beach with two semi trucks behind them . I ran down to front desk and found numerous guest already trying to check out to the sister hotels . Desk said we'd have to wait till morning to find out what was going on. Yea right!! Next morning more were in lobby and by afternoon it was a ghost town . I must say it was interesting to watch as people from all over beach to watch this hugh stage put up on the beach. We were leaving with in days but I was pissed!! I requested to be at least moved away from construction and was given. Presidential. It was to us not anything as the ones at Moon or Adventura. Actually a big key down but was away from all the construction. Then all the so called " models " and roadies arrived. It was a vacation wash! Thank goodness it was on our last leg of the trip. So, my warning to all who travel to make sure there are no big or major events such as that to interfere. I would say a week before and a week after . As we were leaving, the desk said it used to be in Nov, . but now it had been changed to end of May, first of June . Thanks for letting me vent, again!

9. Re: Nextel fashion show at le blanc 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 June 2013, 03:35
10. Re: Nextel fashion show at le blanc 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 05:15