We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the 1st thing u do when u get to ur hotel?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
305 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What's the 1st thing u do when u get to ur hotel?

I for one like to unpack and then hit the bar!

Yorkton, Canada
Level Contributor
802 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the 1st thing u do when u get to ur hotel?

Depends if its before dinner we unpack everything .....if its later n we are hungry ,thirsty we unpack the basics n go for drinks n food ;)

Yorkton, Canada
Level Contributor
802 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the 1st thing u do when u get to ur hotel?

Depends if its before dinner we unpack everything .....if its later n we are hungry ,thirsty we unpack the basics n go for drinks n food ;)

saint louis
Level Contributor
306 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the 1st thing u do when u get to ur hotel?

Get a drink. Then check in.

Arlington, TX
Level Contributor
114 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the 1st thing u do when u get to ur hotel?

probably visit the loo.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the 1st thing u do when u get to ur hotel?

Shower then change to fresh clothes. It makes a huge difference after being cooped up in a plane for hours.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the 1st thing u do when u get to ur hotel?

Personally I like to check in to my room before unpacking, showering or paying a bathroom call. The lobby can be a pretty public place TBH, especially for Smiths101 's plan. ;)

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the 1st thing u do when u get to ur hotel?

Cerveza, change & in the ocean.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the 1st thing u do when u get to ur hotel?

Have a Beer!!!

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
617 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the 1st thing u do when u get to ur hotel?

Usually have a drink whilst unpacking.

This year at STV I will get our butler to do our unpacking whilst I hit the bar !

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the 1st thing u do when u get to ur hotel?

Go to room of course, dump bags, take pictures of room for folks at home and memories, grab drink from mini bar and head to the balcony for a smoke and soak in the view, take pictures of said view, post to Facebook in a sarcastic "let's p*ss off my friends" sort of way. LOL. That's our plan anyway but differs from hotel to hotel and country to country.

For a city break or something, check into room, unpack some things, check out view of noisy streets and then wander the streets for food and a bar.

Tonight I'm checking into a Crowne Plaza(love their beds) and my plan is open laptop and utilise their fast internet to download movies whilst I trot off to KFC and bring back a feast and then lounge around for the evening(overnight for work).

Next trip is an overnight before my flight to Cancun(another Crowne Plaza- seriously check out their mattresses), check out suite, unpack clothing for flight the next day, iron clothing for the following morning, go to TGIs down the road, find typical english pub for pint of bitter, go to bed and look forward to full english breakfast buffet the next morning before the open bar on the British Airways flight at 11:45am! LOL