We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets The Vine now up to Number 5 in TA rankings

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
624 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets The Vine now up to Number 5 in TA rankings

Has moved 3 places up the ladder in the last couple of weeks.

Number 1 resort in Cancun come the end of Summer 2013 ?

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets The Vine now up to Number 5 in TA rankings

if you say so, it is all a metter of personal opinion. TA reviews mean nothing, it is social media

Edited: 11 April 2013, 15:36
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
624 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets The Vine now up to Number 5 in TA rankings

So what are you doing on Tripadvisor if other peoples reviews and opinions don't matter ?

dorset
Level Contributor
2,819 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets The Vine now up to Number 5 in TA rankings

to be fair bvg, he wasn't saying it will be, hence the question mark.

I agree about the nonsense of the ranking system though. Le Blanc seems to have been there for ever and prob will remain so, but it sure as hell is not everyones cup of tea regardless of whether they can afford it.

I would like to see a system where resorts are compared like for like, for instance Club Med being compared to The Royal, and they are often ranked next to each other, is not very helpful at all IMO. Two completely different resorts catering to two completely different markets.

Have an AO resort table, family resort table, EP table, AI table, etc etc.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets The Vine now up to Number 5 in TA rankings

lolaDorset

I agree, and my point more or less is even Secrets The Vine is ranked #5 it does not neccessarily mean it is #5 in the real world. The rankings here are pretty much worthless

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
624 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets The Vine now up to Number 5 in TA rankings

TA may as well shut down then

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets The Vine now up to Number 5 in TA rankings

Essex_mike

what is it you do not understand, the reviews provide SEO or help with search engine optimization to attract more people here to TA to social network, TA does not give a hoot if reviews are accurate or not or what the rankings are, it is to attract people here so they can then sell you something. that is how the world of the internet works, good or bad that is the real deal . So if you really believe in TA rankings good for you, and I am certain you are not alone.

example, do you really think surfin burrito is the 6th best restaurant in Cancun?

Edited: 11 April 2013, 21:39
Mentioned in this post
Essex
Essex
England, UK
Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets The Vine now up to Number 5 in TA rankings

Every rating on TA is based solely on personal opinions, nothing more....

England
Level Contributor
36 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets The Vine now up to Number 5 in TA rankings

Whilst not perfect I much prefer to use TA rather than the system before it. Ie nothing unless you could get access to the trade reviews held by travel agents or word of mouth.

If you use some common sense you can weed out the spurious reviews and I must say it has helped me a great deal to discover some lovely hotels I may have missed. Of course I cannot say how many poor or bad hotels it saved me from but I suspect a few.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
624 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets The Vine now up to Number 5 in TA rankings

No I believe Surfin Burrito might be the 6th best reviewed restaurant in Cancun.

Of course TA is a business and here to make money but it is without doubt the most respected online travel reviewing site on the internet.

I know of many hotel and restaurant owners that rely on the TA rankings to help their business.

If you do not believe in what TA is about and was built upon then why are you here ?

It is the worlds premier travel reviewing site.

Edited: 11 April 2013, 23:07
Mentioned in this post
The Surfin Burrito
The Surfin Burrito
1,504 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets The Vine now up to Number 5 in TA rankings

Essex_mike

I do condo rentals and TA benefits me too, that is why I ma here, but I am not naive enough to beleive it is not one big game and good for everyone for those naive users come here and think these reviews and rankings are holy

my hat is off to them for brainwashing so many people and create such a great business model

Mentioned in this post
Essex
Essex
England, UK