We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just arrived at Sun Palace!

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Just arrived at Sun Palace!

Let me know any questions and I will try to find answers for you.

We are waiting for room but so far so good! :)

Amherst, Ohio
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just arrived at Sun Palace!

Have a great time. I knew you were going soon. Wish I could! Have to wait until late fall.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just arrived at Sun Palace!

A little disappointed we can't go to Beach - some group has entire hotel booked. Also, because this is just a stop on way from Moon to Beach, there's no shuttle to Moon this week so that would be $60 round trip cab ride. I also inquired about day pass to LeBlanc which is not possible since they are fully occupied.

Amherst, Ohio
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just arrived at Sun Palace!

Double check Beach later in the week. I just booked someone for the 23rd last week, so they can't be that full. You went under a member, right? I'd spend the buck and just take the bus down and see what happens. If nothing else you can always walk across the street and go shopping.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just arrived at Sun Palace!

Yes we are booked under a member. We got automatic upgrade to concierge (no credits needed).

Good idea Joan - we might do that. I am sure I will get stir crazy later in the week!

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just arrived at Sun Palace!

Joan - when trying to get me to go for upgrage spiel (he thought I was the member) he was telling me Palace is planning two new resorts, Cabo and Dominican Republic. Had you heard this?

Amherst, Ohio
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just arrived at Sun Palace!

Until I see something on a newsfeed, I don't believe it. I have heard Cabo for years, but have seen nothing where they actually own property or have broken ground. Until they make an official announcement, as far as I'm concerned, it's sales talk. And even if they did add those, they are no longer putting "all future resorts" in the contracts, so any contract you would buy this week would not include them. It seems silly for them to even bring it up dont you think?

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just arrived at Sun Palace!

Yes you are probably right. I always like checking out new resorts but who knows how far down the road they are talking if it's even true. I think he was just trying to pique our interest in going to hear the sales pitch.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just arrived at Sun Palace!

Glad you got the upgrade!! I heard about Cabo during my last visit but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon and I think they said it was going to be Non-Inclusive.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just arrived at Sun Palace!

Thanks BobNH! Is it ok that I upgraded your membership on your behalf? ;)

Amherst, Ohio
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just arrived at Sun Palace!

hahahahahaha