We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagoon at Dreams

Southern California
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Lagoon at Dreams

Is the lagoon at Dreams swim-able?

I have read recent reviews about the water being stagnant

One of the reasons I chose this hotel is so I could sit by the pool and watch my children paddle around in the lagoon.

If the lagoon is not an area we would want to swim in, I might change hotels due to the small pool.

Thanks!

PA
Level Contributor
575 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lagoon at Dreams

What are the ages of your children? The pool next to the lagoon has a children's area that is shallow so you could let them hang around in there.

Yes, the water in the lagoon seems more like a fresh water pond here in the states. You'll see fish, minnows, and a some turtles in it. They have a fountain in the center that helps circulate the water, as well as pumps from the side, but I don't know if it gets filtered through those pumps. It also has an inlet that allow fresh ocean water to flow freely.

I saw a number of people swimming in it as well as the children from the Kids Club. I don't think that Dreams would allow the Kids Club staff to take the children into the lagoon if it wasn't safe. I could be wrong here, but it's just my opinion. Also, I would think that we would be hearing some negative reviews about it on TA if people/children were getting ill.

I believe that the lagoon is a personal choice. If you prefer the clear, chemically cleaned water of a pool then you probably won't like the lagoon because it's natural.

The tower pool at dreams has an area that is very shallow, but it also has a large drop off that's pretty deep.

The beach on the pyramid side is calmer with less waves; I've seen children splash around along the shore while their parents lounged on the beach. I personally prefer the beach. The wait staff comes by regularlly and your drink will never be empty. If you set up camp near the japanese place the water is calm, the bathroom and bar are close, and you'll not want for anything; at least we never did.

It all depends on what you're looking for in a good time.

When are you going? What category of room did you book? I've been there twice; once with just my hubby and once with my hubby and son. Both times were equally enjoyable.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Enjoy your trip!

2. Re: Lagoon at Dreams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 14:17