We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety for solo female travellers

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Safety for solo female travellers

I keep hearing about safety issues in Mexico in the news especially regarding Canadian travellers. Is it safe for a solo female traveller to go to an all inclusive?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety for solo female travellers

For Canadian travelers there is no more risk in Mexico than in other holiday destinations (as any statistics will tell you). And Canadians aren't considered special targets by criminals either. Millions of people go to Mexico each year and 99.99% enjoy themselves safely - use common sense and you can become one of that number!

Calgary
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety for solo female travellers

I'd feel safer in Cancun then in Toronto if that makes you feel any better.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety for solo female travellers

All inclusive, condos, traveling up and down the Riveria coast to see the beaches and local towns, using taxis and public transportation

ALL SAFE

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety for solo female travellers

Yea Canadians and US Citizens look totally different, and are easy to pick out of a crowd therefore, they are targeted more....The bad guys do not waste their time with the travelling public, Why would they?...Your the customer...You will be fine at your All Inclusive....And please, get out and enjoy the scenery...

Dartmouth, Nova...
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety for solo female travellers

Hi artsekh,

I would not travel to all spots in Mexico alone, but in this area, you are all good:)

I went last May alone for 4 nights, and have been to this area many times. I feel very safe, and people are very friendly and helpful.

Have a wonderful trip:)

6. Re: Safety for solo female travellers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 06:18