We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boutique Hotel on beach?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
midwest
Level Contributor
413 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boutique Hotel on beach?

Looking for a small, boutique hotel with Mexican charm on the beach. Prefer nonAI. Anything like this in Cancun? Also, close to walkable area with restaurants and places to explore. Going for a wedding and really do not want to stay where the wedding is being held. Would love suggestions!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boutique Hotel on beach?

Beachscape KinHa is smaller, the beach is beautfiul, AI is optional (or it was last time I was there), can walk to places from there. It's not luxury at all, though. It's an older property, kept clean, but not fancy. The price should reflect that.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boutique Hotel on beach?

This would be my choice and I have a Casa here:

www.casaturquesa.com/hotel-overview.html

Va
Level Contributor
10,586 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boutique Hotel on beach?

I agree with beachscape. It is smaller and low key, and has the best beach in all of Cancun.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boutique Hotel on beach?

beachscape is hardly what I would call a boutique hotel, the true boutique hotels are not in the Cancun hotel zone, there are a bunch of them over in Tulum with 8 t o10 rooms in total

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boutique Hotel on beach?

sounds like Isla Mujeres might be what you are looking for. Check out the Isla Mujeres forums. It is a very chilled out place with no giant chain hotels or booming disco's. My favorite place on earth! Just a short ferry ride from Cancun

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
973 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boutique Hotel on beach?

pippishort, Take a look at Avalon Baccara Cancun it as small resort, I believe under 30 rooms? I have not stayed there but in the past I have read the reiews and pictures... Just a thought, Linda

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boutique Hotel on beach?

Isla Mujeres.....

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
973 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boutique Hotel on beach?

pippishort, Is the wedding at a resort in Cancun ? If so the Avalon Baccara Cancun is right in the hotel zone on the beach.... While Isla Mujeres would only be a boat trip away..... Linda

midwest
Level Contributor
413 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Boutique Hotel on beach?

Thanks so much for all great help! Maybe Isla Mujeres is where I need to book but I am really confused about all the choices. Main criteria is the Mexican charm, smaller property but love having a beach with palapas. Close by restaurants that can walk to is another plus. Typically go to Puerto Vallarta so trying to give this side a try but have no interest in a large modern all inclusive or eating at overprice Americanized restaurants!

Thanks again.

Pippi

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boutique Hotel on beach?

Isla Mujeres is nice if you are not going to need to be in Cancun for much time. Another option is Playa del Carmen. Lots of nice boutique hotels there. In Cancun itself look at the Bel Air Collection.

Cheryl