We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun in June!

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Cancun in June!

Hello,

I will be travelling to Cancun on the 24th of June for 2 weeks, staying at the Riu Caribe (don't be jealous). I'm curious to know what Cancun is like in general during June & July (summer). 4 Scottish guys in total - all in our early 20's and have never set foot in mexico.

Is the 4th of July as wild as it is in America?

Do party goers travel to Cancun in the summer as much as they do during Spring Break? Or is it more relaxed?

Is there anything else we need to do other than the nightlife, scuba-diving, Chichen Itza? Are there theme/water parks etc.?

Is it good for young single guys? Either way i'm sure i'll have a good time...

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun in June!

Anytime is good for singles in Cancun.

As for the 4th of July, it is not a Mexican Holiday.

You will see more Mexican Travelers in July, as they vacation there around then.

Aberdeen, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun in June!

Thank you for taking your time to reply - much appreciated.

Staines, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun in June!

Hello there,

Cancun is an excellent resort for families and marriages etc. My wife and I absolutely love it. There is plenty to do in the way of sight-seeing and relaxing so there will be plenty for you to do.

The only downsides are as follows:

Cancun has a distinct fart smell. It hits you as soon as you get off the plane. It smells like bacon fried in pee. Thankfully the smell can be countered by putting a clothing peg on your nose. As soon as you get off the plane there are children selling Jesmar Nasal Pegs. These are very popular but I don’t see the point when they cost thrice as much. You might as well wear a regular clothing peg.

Also, there are land-sharks in cancun. Once I was sunbathing in my hotel courtyard and a shark tapped me on the shoulder and informed me that I was sitting on his girlfriend’s reserved sunbed. I explained that I didn’t intend any offence and in the end he was very courteous and returned to the sea.

The only other bad thing is the limited eating options. There are only 3 restaurants in cancun. One is called spaghetti and Bolognese. Another is called spaghetti and turnips and another is called spaghetti and fish.

Oh and also, every single hotel in cancun seems to have this stupid rule whereby if you throw your own faeces out your window into the swimming pool you get banned.

adios

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun in June!

Moron

Aberdeen, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun in June!

Ronald - your post started off well, however you digressed ever so slightly, and though i found it funny, i'm looking for a bit more maturity in the answers i receive.

Gracias

6. Re: Cancun in June!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 06:17