We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mega jump off party. Dreading our holiday.

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, England...
Level Contributor
470 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Mega jump off party. Dreading our holiday.

A week to go till we go to riu cancun. Now starting to dread it when we booked didn't know the hotel was hosting this event. We have asked Thomson holidays to move us to a different hotel but they have ignored three emails so far. Does anyone know if there's a quieter area at the hotel away from this. (apart from our room of course ). We are not old misery guts but I think this is going to completely ruin this holiday.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
409 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mega jump off party. Dreading our holiday.

can you try calling the hotel directly or the main number for the RIU hotel chain? maybe they can send you to another RIU resort? if all else fails, and you are finding it a problem during your vacation, talk to management at the resort and maybe they can move you. i would be concerned too. (even tho i don't even know what a mega jump off party is!!) good luck.

Edited: 12 May 2013, 19:18
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,851 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mega jump off party. Dreading our holiday.

Maybe email isn't the way to approach this.....can you call Thompson Holidays with your confirmation number and demand a supervisor? Tell them you did not know about this event (think huge convention with large number of party animals) during your stay at this resort and that you want to be moved because you were going to relax and this will be anything but. Don't accept no or we'll get back to you. Keep asking (demanding) to talk up the food chain until you get what you want.

Cheryl

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mega jump off party. Dreading our holiday.

I am really disappointed at the lack of response from Thomson's on your behalf. Have you tried contacting them on their Facebook page? People seem to get quick replies on there. I have booked itch Thomson's for many years and lately their service has become a bit shoddy, sadly to say.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,211 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mega jump off party. Dreading our holiday.

facebook is quicker than email, i recently emailed and got a auto reply saying it would take 10 days to reply so asked on there facebook page and had a reply within the hour. send your booking ref in a private message

London, England...
Level Contributor
470 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mega jump off party. Dreading our holiday.

Have just posted in their page. Dont hold out much hope. But thanks everyone.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mega jump off party. Dreading our holiday.

Good luck :) Let us know how you get on!

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mega jump off party. Dreading our holiday.

Have you tried contacting the hotel directly?

On one of the earlier threads on this subject a poster who is going to this event said that there are some folks who couldn't get into the Riu Cancun so are going to the Caribe instead. The poster indicated that the Riu has those folks on a waiting list. Give it a try and maybe you can get a swap for the Caribe with someone who wants to be at the Riu.

See post # 57:

tripadvisor.com/…49285122

London, England...
Level Contributor
470 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mega jump off party. Dreading our holiday.

Thanks everyone for advise. Have heard from Thomson through their Facebook page. Now waiting to hear what they have got to say. If that fails will email the hotel direct. Never had a problem like this before.

Va
Level Contributor
10,841 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mega jump off party. Dreading our holiday.

I would call Riu. They have chosen to be part of this event so they should be accommodating of those that don't want to be part of it.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,211 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mega jump off party. Dreading our holiday.

have you had any reply from thomsons via facebook yet? would be interested to know what they say/did