We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Lagunamar - Rooms

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Lagunamar - Rooms

Hello! We are staying at the Westin Lagunamar in a few weeks. I'm wondering what the differences are between the "newer rooms" in buildings 10-14 vs. the "older rooms" in buildings 1-9. Any insights are appreciated. Just trying to determine the best building and rooms for our group - so we can at least get a request in. Thanks so much for any insights!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
973 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Rooms

BeachGal3333, The ones are the same.. The furnishings will be a bit newer though. We love the Lagunamar.... Linda

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Rooms

Thanks Linda! Which buildings would you recommend for the best view? Are there any buildings or rooms you would avoid?

Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Rooms

The rooms are all the same. Just slightly newer. I think all the buildings are good except building 13. That's the only one I would not want to stay in. It faces the Live Aqua resort and you can hear the hum of their air conditioning units and have to look at their resort instead of the beautiful Westin Lagunamar pool.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
973 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Rooms

I thing that the rooms one the newer side have a little less view. The smaller horseshoe shape closes it in some. Buiding 13 I would agree is not the choice building.... Enjoy, we are returning in July.... Linda

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Rooms

Thanks so much Linda and CrazyMegan for the responses! From the look of the map, it appears buildings 1 and 9 have the most beachfront views but so hard to tell from a map! We are so exited to be staying at the Lagunamar. I hope it lives up to all the great pictures I've seen and great reviews I've read!

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Rooms

Some of the rooms in building 2 don't overlook the pool either. They overlook the ruins, the back of building 1 and the Park Royal. You still have an ocean view, just not as good as the rst.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Rooms

In addition to the above also request a room on the 4th floor or higher. This goes for building 1 as well. We were on the 3rd floor and although had an ocean view to the side we had the ruins right infront of us. Wasn't a big deal but hindered our privacy with everyone that went to see them.

8. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 05:19