We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help May or June Riu Cancun

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,900 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Help May or June Riu Cancun

Hi fokes can you help us please its both mine and ma wifes 40th birthdays next year so a'm looking for something special for our hols.

We have been to Dom Rep 4 times and go to Marmaris every year so a'm looking at Cancun can you tell me what months best we usually go June but your top questions on weather says theres a good chance of rain or alot more chance than May is there such a difference in the 2 months ? my birthday is in May aswell so that would still be fine.

av came up with the Riu Cancun hotel what are your thoughts on that or can you recommend any other 1s around the £1500 each mark from Glasgow..

thanks alot in advance guys & dolls :)))

Stevie

Va
Level Contributor
11,052 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help May or June Riu Cancun

End of may is "jumpoff" event. You may want to look into that before you book a reservation at the Riu Cancun which is a host hotel.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help May or June Riu Cancun

Wonder how Valp and the others at Riu Cancun right now are getting on with Jumpoff?! No news is good news I suppose ....

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help May or June Riu Cancun

www.cancun-discounts.com/cancun-weather.htm \

Here are the weather statistics. I think the 3rd box down has the avg. rainfall per month.

If you pick Riu Cancun, avoid the last weekend of the month for jumpoff. Otherwise, a good hotel in that price range. Also, consider the Tucan, GR Solaris, Golden Parnassus, Riu Caribe. A little more $$$ but, Gran Caribe Real is a nice choice also.

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,900 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help May or June Riu Cancun

A'm probably going to sound stupid lol!! but whats jumpoff and will the 10th May to 24th be alright ?

Stevie

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
528 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help May or June Riu Cancun

Yes.... What is jumpoff?!? Never heard of it .. And I was in Cancun last year at this time .. And going again in 2 days!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help May or June Riu Cancun

http://www.cancunjumpoff.com/

7. Re: Help May or June Riu Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 05:17