We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican Star Lights

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Mexican Star Lights

Planning a trip to Cancun (Secrets the Vine) and would love to purchase a tin Mexican star light for my house. Any recommnedations where I can get a nice one (that is wired properly). I know I can get online if need be but would love to see in person before buying it. The main thing is that I am only there for 5 days and really just want to relax by the pool so something very close by is ideal.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican Star Lights

Have a look at Plaza la Fiesta with two stores. First location is at La Isla shopping mall and the second one is across Plaza Caracol. Hit La Isla first, If I remember correctly I have seen them there.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican Star Lights

Keep in mind that those lights were originally intended to house a candle. It can make more sense to get a non-electrified one and have it wired when you get it home.

Speaking of which, getting those home is a bear. Even a small one takes quite a large box.

They're readily available on the internet in the US with UL wiring. That's the sort of thing that I buy in Mexico for my house in Cozumel and buy in the US for my house in the US. Just sayin'.

3. Re: Mexican Star Lights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 05:17