We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing food from outside into JW Marriott

Marble Falls, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bringing food from outside into JW Marriott

Hi , we will be staying at the Marriott in late June. I saw some other people write in their reviews that " the hotel insists that only purchases made inside the hotel can be consumed on the premises". We were planning on going to walmart to stock up on a few things. Will they stop us ? Do many people buy water and bring it in ? thanks for any input Bill n Lisa

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
372 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing food from outside into JW Marriott

Of course u can bring ur own water. And snacks n drinks etc. we did that all the time. I can't say if they changed their policy recently but this was December 2011. Anyways the water bottles in the hotel are crazy priced. We even ordered pizza twice and I went to the main entrance to pick it as they won't allow delivery guys inside.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing food from outside into JW Marriott

I don't know what the "official" policy is, and I think I've read some of the same reviews you have described, in terms of security stopping or questioning guests. I've stayed here in the past and have purchased snacks and a few six-packs of beer for the room - nothing outrageous. And I've had zero issues.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing food from outside into JW Marriott

Yes you can bring food outside in. They won't stop you.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
329 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing food from outside into JW Marriott

I stayed at the Marriott Casamagna next door. We stocked up at the 711 across the street from the marriotts. Had no issues...even ate and drank out in the open pool area.

No need for an extra walmart trip as the water/beer/snack prices at that 711 were incredibly low.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,867 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bringing food from outside into JW Marriott

We also stocked up when we stayed there (and the CasaMagna). In fact the bellman got the cart for us to get our purchases to our room.

If you have a question, email the resort and ask directly - print response and bring it with you. One wonders what they were trying to bring back....

Cheryl

Marble Falls, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bringing food from outside into JW Marriott

Thank You everyone. I won't worry about it..

7. Re: Bringing food from outside into JW Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 05:16