We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand oasis cancan

detroit lakes mn
Level Contributor
62 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Grand oasis cancan

So what's the deal with the grand oasis cancan? Want to stay there in jan solely because of the entertainment as I am taking college kids and I am not letting them leave the resort. However I am scared off from the reviews. Keep hoping things will change soon and start seeing good reviews. Any hopeful info?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand oasis cancan

Book the Pyramid section of the Grand Oasis with black bracelets and you will be fine. We stayed at Grand Oasis Palm a few years ago and spent two days at Oasis Cancun.

The black bracelets give you access to the better bars and restaurants. Bring plenty of single $ and you will get decent service.

Good luck, unfortunately you will need it.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand oasis cancan

Your concern is warranted. If you have not booked yet, consider any where else but there. IF you have already pulled the trigger, make the best of it by tipping them to death. That will help out some like Mark said

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand oasis cancan

My opinion - you get what you pay for. This was the first AI we ever stayed at 8 years ago. It is a party place. We booked the Grand Oasis side and sooooo glad we did. I would never return, We had an ok time as we went in September so less high school/college students.

detroit lakes mn
Level Contributor
62 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand oasis cancan

Thanks for your response. We have ocean view rooms booked but can cancel for free up until 3 days prior. BUT, this is a tough one. hoping the reviews get better or will probably book another resort. Any suggestions on a fun AI in that same area?

detroit lakes mn
Level Contributor
62 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand oasis cancan

Thanks for your response. I am torn. Will keep watching the reviews. Thanks

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,803 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand oasis cancan

Can't recommend this one by any reckoning...take a look at the Riu Caribe, a better choice for this category and reasonably close to the hotel zone nightlife. ;-)

detroit lakes mn
Level Contributor
62 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand oasis cancan

thanks, however, I am looking for a hotel WITH night life as I do not want to leave the hotel. Any suggestions?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand oasis cancan

You may want to transfer to another Oasis hotel such as the Grand Oasis Palm. They have shows at 9:00 PM such as Folkloric show on Tuesdays, Karaoke on Wednesdays, Prehispanic show on Thursdays and Circus show on Sundays (9:30). The Circus show is the best!

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,803 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand oasis cancan

http://cancun.riu.com/caribe/activities.html

Riu Caribe Resort Activities

At the Riu Caribe there is an array of programs and activities for the whole family to enjoy. Riu’s tradition of luxury and style includes amenities such as 24 hour All Inclusive snacks and beverages, a wide assortment of restaurants to choose from, and an array of activities to enjoy.

Our Riu Caribe Featured Amenities Include:

Beachfront property

Gym, table tennis, and beach volleyball

Aerobics

Airgun shooting

Two tennis courts

Sauna, Jacuzzi and steam bath

Windsurfing catamaran, body boarding, canoeing, snorkeling equipment

Introductory scuba lesson

Daytime entertainment program for kids

Daytime entertainment program for adults

Live music, shows and Riu evening program

Assorted water sports available

Three specialized restaurants

Local and imported beverages served 24 hours a day

Snacks 24 hours a day

Special evenings theme buffet

Golf nearby

Boston MA
Level Contributor
272 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand oasis cancan

I've stayed at Grand Oasis with high school kids and we had a great time. THere are 1000 reviews here, 500 or so bad. But the place has hundreds of rooms... people usually only right when they have a bad experience. Does waiting to check in for a long time ruin your vacation? It obviously ruins many folks... I am leaving saturday on a trip with friends. We are also traveling with two college girls so we are in your boat. I am confident it will be fine, once again. Breakfast is good, lunch is iffy and dinner is fine. I get up early to make reservations and I know that going in so it is not a problem. Don't even read any more reviews - you can make yourself crazy. But look for mine on about June 30!!!