We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachscape Kin Ha or Solymar for ocean swimming in July

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
5 posts
Save Topic
Beachscape Kin Ha or Solymar for ocean swimming in July

Hello, we are going to Cancun for two weeks in late June and early July. We are trying to decide between booking at Beachscape or Solymar. Has anyone been to either one of these resorts in late June/early July? What are ocean conditions like, usually rough or calm? If we stay at Solymar, will we need to go north for a swimmable beach?

Am I correct in assuming that it is probably quieter and less crowded at Solymar as well? We are just wanting any information we can get to compare these accommodations and make the best selection. Any information would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

Prescott Ontario
Level Contributor
942 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachscape Kin Ha or Solymar for ocean swimming in July

We've been to the Solymar. Although it was 2008 when I was there the resort was very dated at that time. We enjoyed the fact it was small and rather quiet but the food selection at the tiny ala carte restaurant was awful. The resort is mere minutes from the airport.

Va
Level Contributor
10,685 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachscape Kin Ha or Solymar for ocean swimming in July

Beachscape beach is amazing. You can walk out about 100 feet on a sandy bottom and be knee deep in water. The resort is very laid back and quite. No loud music or annoying entertainment staff. The only draw back I could see is that all the ccommon areas are open air so no AC, but plenty of shade can be found.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachscape Kin Ha or Solymar for ocean swimming in July

I've been to Beachscape in August. The water is calm and extremely warm. It is also shallow as Sunngod mentioned.

I've been three times (the other two times were at Christmas time) and I would return. The hotel is smaller and quieter. No fighting for chairs or shade or spots by the pool. I haven't done the AI plan as it wasn't AI last time I was there, however, I did enjoy the daily breakfast.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachscape Kin Ha or Solymar for ocean swimming in July

I should also mention, Beachscape is an older property and is not by any means luxurious. It is well kept up, but the rooms are somewhat plain and there are not tons of amenities. When it gets negative reviews it seems to be from people who are looking for something a lot more high end and were disappointed because it lacks features of much more highly priced all-inclusive hotels.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachscape Kin Ha or Solymar for ocean swimming in July

Renewing this topic to see if anyone can comment on ocean conditions at Solymar... what's the beach like... what's the surf like?

Thanks!

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachscape Kin Ha or Solymar for ocean swimming in July

Solymar the beach is gorgeous as is all beaches on the east (long) side of the hotel zone. The surf can be rough or clam as a swimming pool, the open Caribbean waters are on the long side of 7, much better looking water color then north side but because it is open waters surf can get rough although there are many very calm days as well. more likely to get calm waters in summer months then in winter months .

but Solymar location is not very good, way down near very end, and as someone mentioned very old and outdated and that was back in 2008 and nothing has changed except now it is 5 years older and 5 years more outdated . think motel 6 and you will get the idea.

7. Re: Beachscape Kin Ha or Solymar for ocean swimming in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 05:17