We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel That's Nice But Also Fun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel That's Nice But Also Fun

Hi Everyone,

I (29) booked a trip for the beginning of August to celebrate my 18 year old brother's college graduation. Will be travelling with my father and potentially my friend. We want to only book one room because 1) we don't know for sure if it will be 3 or 4 of us and 2) we don't want to spend money on that when we won't be in room much. Initially I had booked at the Ritz through Amex travel, but now they are saying I am over maximum occupancy (I disclosed 4 adults when booking) and were willing to make an "exception" for an extra $60 per person per night. I'm very upset by this because I am a regular Ritz customer and have since cancelled my room. So now I'm reconsidering where to stay. While I hate to give the Marriott brand any more business, the JW Marriott looks nice and has a very attractive rate right now with a $100 a night resort credit. My concern (and this would have held true for the Ritz) is that ths won't be fun enough for my little brother who I'd like to get a little bit of the party taste of a fun pool, etc. I also, though, am pretty grossed out by AI food so liked the idea of not being at an all-inclusive. Does anyone have a suggestion for a fun hotel zone hotel that also will keep my Dad and I happy (not concerned at all about too much of a party atmosphere for us just concerned about food/service). A nice beach is also a priority. Thanks!!!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel That's Nice But Also Fun

I have to ask- as many on this board go to AIs regularly- when was the last time you went AI and where did you stay? I ask because while there are lots of really crappy AIs- there are also VERY many good AIs with top notch food and service. it would be a shame to discount them all based on 1 bad experience.

New York
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel That's Nice But Also Fun

Last time was La Amada, 2 years ago which was nice, but I didn't like the food. I've also stayed at Dreams in DR and in Riviera Maya and while the Mexican one was okay, I find that they all try to get too fancy and end up ruining it. I'm definitely open to any suggestions!!

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel That's Nice But Also Fun

The Royal in Cancun ( Real Resort ) would be a good one....

4. Re: Hotel That's Nice But Also Fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 06:17