We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help Me Pick an AI Resort

Columbia, MD
Level Contributor
200 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help Me Pick an AI Resort

I need help picking a resort for Christmas Week for a family vacation with our 2 young adult daughters. We prefer a resort that is more family than couples oriented. Top priorities are a great beach, good food, nice rooms and a balcony. We are considering the Fiesta Americana Condessa based on the reviews, but it looks like some rooms don't have balconies. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

michigan
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help Me Pick an AI Resort

I recently stayed here and I was really worried about the balcony since it is a must for me. I emailed the manager to say what were my best chances and if I upgraded did I have a better chance of getting a balcony. He responded pretty generic but in the end I upgraded from a lagoon view to ocean view and I got the best balcony and view (balcony was oversized due to being a corner room), We also got upgraded vip wristbands so I believe the balcony and the bands were due to emailing the manager. If you want to pay the extra money all the suites and junior suites have very nice balcony from what I could see from beach. I would give you our room number but it was just two of us so only a king bed. Other than all rooms not having a balcony (if they don't have a full balcony they all at least have a French balcony with about a ft to stand on) this resort was the best.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help Me Pick an AI Resort

Gran Caribe Real would be another nice one.....

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help Me Pick an AI Resort

I am staying at FACC in September...will let you know how it is for that age group as we have a 19 and 21 year old.

Columbia, MD
Level Contributor
200 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help Me Pick an AI Resort

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm now considering The Royal. It is adults only but allows 16 and up. Has anyone been there with their family?

5. Re: Please Help Me Pick an AI Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 14:26
6. Re: Please Help Me Pick an AI Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 14:26
Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please Help Me Pick an AI Resort

The Royal is fantastic. It is also the better sister of the Gran Caribe Real. When at the Royal, you can use all the facilities at both resorts....

Charlotte, nc
Level Contributor
262 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please Help Me Pick an AI Resort

Beach Palace has huge balconies and the beach is perfect. Also had a fun water slide for all ages.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
49 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please Help Me Pick an AI Resort

The Royal is very couply. Ive been a couple times with a gal pal and even then felt a little out of place since we are just friends, haha.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,282 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please Help Me Pick an AI Resort

What about Live Aqua... we haven't been yet ourselves, but considering it for our next trip to Cancun.