We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelers giving reviews with false information at The royal

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
75 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Travelers giving reviews with false information at The royal

Ive been seeing way too much of this lately! I mean at least get the facts straight about the entire resort before you give a bad review. If anyone has been to The Royal, you know that

1. The magic boxes arent that large. So if you order a world class breakfast, all of the plates will not fit into the box. At that point, they HAVE to come in.

2. The 24 hour lounge is open to everyone. It is not just for Royal Service guests.

3. Why does there need to be a bartender present when there is a Pool Bar AND lobby bar within steps.

Come on folks...No wonder people say we americans are too snobby!

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelers giving reviews with false information at The royal

okay understand but why let it bother you? we all know the reviews are not necessarily factual but ones perceptions and TA reviews are not the end all s0 why let it get to you?

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelers giving reviews with false information at The royal

Steve, I am not familiar with this situation at the Royal, but, yes I have seen this type of thing with other resorts. One will erroneously, or even purposefully, post something negative... and the whole entourage of 'bash the resort that I do not prefer' will descend with a rabid vengeance. (and, that one negative comment opinion just MUST be truth, you know) Thus, it becomes a situation with completely untrue and unwarranted negativity.

I have seen it to a level where the real truth is hard for those who are considering a resort to find.

I have seen situations where the misconceptions and out-right lies are mind boggling.

I have seen it reach a level that, IMHO, is almost a problem.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelers giving reviews with false information at The royal

Wishingonastar

I agree but unfortunately it is not something you or I can control. Keep in mind TA is a social network and they are here to make money, not necessarily have users provide fair and accurate reviews.

Cuauhtemoc
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelers giving reviews with false information at The royal

I've wondered why people even bother with the minor details. Do they have hopes that posting negativity will make the resort offer them deals, etc for a future visit?

I try not to get hung up on the flaws and remember the good.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
75 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelers giving reviews with false information at The royal

@Wishingonastar Totally agree and Steve this is the point that I am making. Yes it is a social network, but it causes all types of chaos when others who want the REAL DEAL ask questions. A newcomer can be totally mislead. Thats the issue. If I am going somewhere I want to know facts about a resorts amenities. Not be mislead by those who have false information.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelers giving reviews with false information at The royal

Reviews are opinions, and you know what they say opinions are like....

They relate experiences against personal tastes and expectations. And some folks are just not happy unless they have something to complain about; and others may be trying to parade their “sophistication” by finding fault with some aspect of a resort, proving to the world that their tastes are superior to the rest of us riff-raff. There have been multiple postings by a “destination expert” stating that he/she would never return to a certain resort because – ‘…we were there once and the food was terrible’. I’ve been to that same resort many, many times and have had a meal or two there that was OK, but not spectacular; but the overwhelming majority of the hundreds of meals we’ve had there have been very, very good. So I take all reviews with a grain of salt; and being charitable – chalk up overly negative reviews to being a case of a mismatch of expectations against experiences….or being less so – that the complainer is just enjoys being a pain in the ‘opinion’.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelers giving reviews with false information at The royal

I have seen people dwell on small things and let it totally stress them out and ruin their vacation. I also have seen where people read through say 50 reviews and one person of the 50 make a negative comment and that person will dwell on the 1 of 50 negative comments vs the 49 positive. it is human nature, some people are simply whiners and complainers.

when looking at reviews I would simply look at what the majority are saying and ignore the whiners when they are in the minority.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelers giving reviews with false information at The royal

I've seen very bad reviews of resorts where the travelers problems had nothing to do with the resort at all. Anywhere from a bad day at the airport on arrival to getting ripped off at a store downtown. They then give the resort their at a bad review for these unrelated problems. It's all subjective and usually BS. I never read reviews anymore.....

Texas
Level Contributor
3,700 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelers giving reviews with false information at The royal

I take reviews like the one recently posted with a grain of salt. The reviewer clearly doesn't know what they're talking about with some of the facts (I've never even stayed at the Royal Cancun-only the Royal Playa Del Carmen but it's clear they have no idea what they are talking about concerning the "club"). Also, 10 seconds of proper research would have shown that most rooms at the Royal Cancun are oceanfront & that upgrades there mean different things. If someone lets a review like that sway their vacation decision then that's their loss.

Not only that but what is the point of writing a half a** review over 8 months after your visit? While it's frustrating to read there isn't much we can do about it besides ignore it.

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelers giving reviews with false information at The royal

I certainly agree, Steve.

My problem comes, not just from the erroneous and questionable reviews...

But, when others have come in, as described, and take any one comment in a review, as the god's truth.... And use it, as I described, to practically slander a resort. (when they have NO personal experience) I have seen many examples of this.

If I believed the negative mis-truths that I have seen spread around here, by the 'bash the resort I do not prefer' crowd, regarding places that I have researched here....

Sure, it is an open chat-board.....

I would just say to anyone here, Be aware of this, and verify...

Edited: 28 June 2013, 17:04