We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI Kid friendly resort in Cancun/surrounding areas

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
AI Kid friendly resort in Cancun/surrounding areas

I've been doing a lot of research and I need help. We plan to go on vacation in May 2014 and take our daughter who will be 2. We have been to a couple of AI resorts previously before she was born. (Le Blanc-which we loved and EPM-wasn't that impressed). We want an AI resort in Cancun or surrounding areas that has great food, great swimmable beach with little/no seaweed, and a smaller resort. I've researched Azul Beach and it seems like alot of people enjoyed their experience but the ones that didn't, really didn't (overbooked rooms, sewage smells, etc) so I'm not sure now. Any advice you have is greatly appreciated.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,043 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI Kid friendly resort in Cancun/surrounding areas

Look into the Riu Caribe... nice pool area, great food and huge beach with calm water and no seaweed; the beach is also not as crowded as the beaches in the hotel zone, and no big waves like at Le Blanc. Azul Beach is located in Puerto Morelos in Playa which is an expensive commute if youre looking to go into Cancun.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI Kid friendly resort in Cancun/surrounding areas

Riu caribe is a nice one. Also look into gran caribe real,

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI Kid friendly resort in Cancun/surrounding areas

I would go to the Barcelo maya palace in riviera maya! Great for kids! The beach is swimmable and amazing. Calm, blue water and no seaweed.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI Kid friendly resort in Cancun/surrounding areas

GLWMomma- The list is like 100 long for Cancun and the whole RM area. Swimmable beach part would narrow it. I suspect there still is like 20ish that qualify.

1. Playacar Palace- Swimmable beach for sure, Palace resort so your familar with them already. They are turning this hotel into a Leblanc for families over the next 2 years. This one fits all criteria but one it's in Playa Del Carmen, not Cancun.

2. Look into all the choices down south like PDC, Akumal, and that area Barcelo's/Grand Bahia Principe.

3. Cancun Dreams and maybe FACC Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, maybe Omni, Club Med, and Beach Palace. Maybe 20 others too.

Look at Playacar Palace in Playa Del Carmen.

Va
Level Contributor
10,676 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI Kid friendly resort in Cancun/surrounding areas

Beachscape is worth a look.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,043 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI Kid friendly resort in Cancun/surrounding areas

Beachscape is the old Kin Ha Villas between the El Presidente and Oasis Viva Hotels... great beach and more centrally located, def worth looking into!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
248 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI Kid friendly resort in Cancun/surrounding areas

Sandos Caracol is a great resort with kids. Took our daughter at 2 last June. Royal elite gives you extra perks and there is a great kids club where you yourself can play with the little ones and a waterpark as well. Not a lot of airconditioned "public" spaces but in May you're probably ok.

New York
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AI Kid friendly resort in Cancun/surrounding areas

I own a timeshare at the Azul/El Dorado properties and have been there several times. The Azul Beach does have a little bit of seaweed from time to time depending on the time of year you go however there are staff that clean it up every morning...usually before most people wake up. The Azul Sensatori is nice to and a little larger than the Azul Beach. Any questions don't hesitate to ask. Rates at the Karisma properties (Azul and El Dorado resorts) are 50% off also, which is great for a 5 star resort.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
624 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AI Kid friendly resort in Cancun/surrounding areas

Another vote for the Barcelo resort in Puerto Aventuras. A bigger resort but ticks all the boxes.

10. Re: AI Kid friendly resort in Cancun/surrounding areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:17