We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel - honeymoon trip

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel - honeymoon trip

Hello,

My fiance and I are heading down to Mexico for my honeymoon, and I would like to find out a little more about Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, and Cozumel. We are planning to go to all 3 destinations, but we don't know which order we should go to them, and what to do. We figured Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel in this order because we heard Cozumel is the most relaxing? Any advice would be helpful. what to do, what to check out, where to go?

We are in our late 20's, we love the beach, good food, drinks. We would like to start our vacation filled with fun and end with relaxation..

Thank you in advance!!!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel - honeymoon trip

Are you asking about visiting each of these places for a day trip, or are you planning on staying a few nights at each place? Also, how long is your trip total, because if you are just planning on staying a night or two in each place, that may be too much.

San Francisco...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel - honeymoon trip

I'm heading to cancun for 7days, playa del Carmen for 4 days, cozumel for 4 days.

I'm asking in what order I should go in first to last. Also what I should do at each locations.

Thank you so much for your help!!!!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,375 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel - honeymoon trip

I would highly recommend these most excellent maps of the areas you are visiting - more like guidebooks - with all the details of places to eat, where to stay and things to do.

http://www.cancunmap.com/

I would try to see some Mayan ruins and include Isla Mujeres as a day trip while you are in Cancun. Have fun! :)

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel - honeymoon trip

I would either do Cancun, Playa, then Cozumel or Cozumel, Playa then Cancun.

I honestly think one would not matter what order either way though.

Are you planning to stay in all inclusive hotels or will you do all of your eating out?

Check out the forums for each place. On the right side of the screen should "Top Questions" this will give you a great wealth of knowledge about each location.

5. Re: Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel - honeymoon trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 05:18