We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Maya Timeshare Presentation

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Maya Timeshare Presentation

I have exchanged my timeshare for a week at Casa Maya and have been reading that if you agree to go to the sales "breakfast" they will ugrade your room upon checkin. Does anyone know what would happen if you cant make the sales presentation? Do they charge a fee? I am meeting many family members in Cancun for a wedding and am not sure what will be planned.

Thank you my fellow travelers for your help!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Maya Timeshare Presentation

Casa Maya has only one more year to go. It is not decided what they will do with the building, sell or continue. Maybe my information is outdated. Let us know.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,846 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Maya Timeshare Presentation

I don't know about Casa Maya specifically but know that if a timeshare presentation is part of the deal and you don't show, you will get charged (usually top dollar) for whatever it was that you received on the promise of your attendance at the presentation.

FWIW, I used to work at a ski resort that had a timeshare division as part of our operations and know that presentation no-shows would get charged rack rate for their rooms.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Maya Timeshare Presentation

Can't believe that people still bother with this garbage.

Lakefield
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Maya Timeshare Presentation

*facepalm*

Just say NO to timeshares

Dont rent a car unless you like being pulled over and paying bribes

Dont drink the water.

Do go topless if you are under 40 and cute.

Pretty simple things anyone who's read these posts should know by now.

Bristol, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Maya Timeshare Presentation

You do not have to go to a sales presentation unless you are going on a special deal that requires a presentation. If you are going as a paying guest at the hotel rate or going as a timeshare trade you do not need to talk to a sales guy. Your room will not be as nice that is all.

6. Re: Casa Maya Timeshare Presentation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 21:43
7. Re: Casa Maya Timeshare Presentation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:18