We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stv pay it forward! Live from!

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow-Scotland
Level Contributor
815 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Stv pay it forward! Live from!

After months of being a trip advisor and Stv junkie, we are now here and loving it! I used TA to gather lots of little snippets of info so now I'll pay it forward and give something back.

Check in quick with champagne etc, upgrade offered but we declined (it adds up quite significantly when multiplied by 14 nights).

We in room 1807 facing hard rock. Room gorgeous, bed super comfy and I'm not a good sleeper, we also got a king. No issues at all with noise from hard rock or in corridors and I really don't sleep soundly!

Gym is great, very well equipped and beautiful view..I will use gym everyday to combat what I'm grazing on!

So far had breakfast in market cafe and plenty of choice, we also had lunch there, again choice very good. Lunch at sea salt grill was mixed ceviche and its mmmmmmmmm! Will get some every day!!!

Dinner at dragons was good, not an extensive menu but lots of variety. I enjoyed the sushi selection.

Service everywhere is so good, drinks service around pools is prompt. No issues with towel game at all. We are by pool at 9/9.30 and lots of choice still available way after that. If you need shade, just ask staff member. Nice atmosphere with different zones of party/fun and quiet/relaxed.

We are not preferred and definitely not missing out in any way.

If you have any questions, please ask and I'll try to help.

Tonight we have difficult choice of where to eat! Life is tough!

Ps..did kitchen tour today with chef William, this is mind boggling what they do all day every day and so impressive! A must!!

Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
336 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stv pay it forward! Live from!

Enjoy your fourteen days at STV!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stv pay it forward! Live from!

What was the cost to upgrade?

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
766 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stv pay it forward! Live from!

Really enjoyed your comments. Have a great vacation.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stv pay it forward! Live from!

Enjoy your stay weddingplanner. We just returned and had a great time. Try to get on the beach one night to check out the turtles laying their eggs...I'm still in awe of it.

Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stv pay it forward! Live from!

Glad to hear you are having a good time!!!

Glasgow-Scotland
Level Contributor
815 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stv pay it forward! Live from!

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Asmit4, cost of upgrade was $60 per night and to upgrade to honeymoon suite was $100 per night. After seeing standard room we stayed with that, the room is large and has everything we need, except a bathtub!! I enjoy a bath!

Nybeachlover, we will def get down to the beach tonight.

Last night was a really good night in piano bar, lots of salsa dancing, although my partner doesn't dance so I had to rely on the goodwill of many of the Mexican gents who are currently here as part of a conference. By the time we left there my feet could only make it to the elevator and then bed.

Dinner last night was at the Italian, service was a little slow, I appreciate we are on holiday and there is no real urgency, however my tummy was rumbling! I had the lobster salad to start and then the seafood risotto, both very tasty (I love risotto and I have everywhere I go) but very very small portions. My partner had to have 2 desserts afterwards, i don't do desserts so left feeling still hungry! I've woken this morning and I'm ravenous, buffet watch out!!!

Any other questions, I'll try to answer

Hartford...
Level Contributor
409 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stv pay it forward! Live from!

thanks so much for doing this live from! last year i followed your live from the royal, which we visited last year! we will be at stv in sep! the $60 upgrade was for preferred standard room? we experienced the release of turtles at the royal, i hope we will have the opportunity to do that again this year! enjoy!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
409 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stv pay it forward! Live from!

is the occupancy high right now?

Glasgow-Scotland
Level Contributor
815 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stv pay it forward! Live from!

Hi pipe dreamers..yes $60 for preferred standard, I'm not that fussed about preferred. The pool looks gorgeous but from my balcony right now it's pretty quiet. The main pools have a good mix of party people and quieter areas. We enjoy quieter areas but its nice to have lively should you want. Hotel is almost full, 97%, you wouldn't know. Still loads of beds around pools, service great.

In comparison to royal, I prefer Stv as I like modernity, airy, light, bright etc, however style wise my partner prefers royal, however this also reflects in how we live!! He's all about classic, I'm modern!

I'm off just now to wine tasting lessons, hope there is plenty! 1pm and 3 pm wine tasting included, 5pm there is a charge!

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stv pay it forward! Live from!

I wish we had done the wine tasting - guess we'll have to go back! Enjoy!