We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the Best Website for Last Minute Deals?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oak Island, North...
Level Contributor
350 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
What's the Best Website for Last Minute Deals?

I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this, but I was hoping someone could give me a few ideas of some good sites. I haven't been to Cancun in 3 years and was getting the urge to go again, if I could find a great deal. Any help thanks very much!!!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,851 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the Best Website for Last Minute Deals?

LastMinute.com; cheapcaribbean.com - travelocity, orbitz, - check them all.

Cheryl

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the Best Website for Last Minute Deals?

Since you live in Charlotte check out usair. Sometimes they have good deals on vacation packages.

Level Contributor
4,537 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the Best Website for Last Minute Deals?

One of my fav's is http://www.vacationstogo.com for price comparisons..

They use the major carriers. Make certain to check the flights.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the Best Website for Last Minute Deals?

I don't think there is anything for great "last minute deals" anymore. Most sites state "and up". Cheapcaribbean and Apple are great for that. You see a great deal like $699 and up, per person. Put in your travel dates and the cost seems to double. I once even called Apple and said I'd take one of their $699 deals and she asked when I wanted to go. I said it didn't matter, I just want the $699. deal. LOL, she said she couldn't give me a quote until I told her what dates I wanted.

I just keep checking all the sites as often as I can and something usually comes up.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
405 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the Best Website for Last Minute Deals?

mo32:

Haha...that is so funny and true...sounds like something I would do!

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the Best Website for Last Minute Deals?

Expedia Mobile app publish mobile ( on your android phone or tablet etc) only specials, I got awesome deals few times

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the Best Website for Last Minute Deals?

Dan, I travel to Cancun a good bit for work. Great thing about that destination is that both Delta and Airtran offer some pretty good deals right up to one week before you leave. This isn't the case for other Caribbean destinations : Jamaica, T/C, Aruba, etc. Might just be from the Atl airport, but thats only a 3 1/2 hr drive for you. Right now you can get an AT flight to Cancun for $380 R/T for next Saturday !!!

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the Best Website for Last Minute Deals?

www.itravel2000.com is a good site for last min travel.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,876 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the Best Website for Last Minute Deals?

I agree with response #4 - there's really no such thing as a true last minute deal - to me, it's all "advertising" and sometimes deception in advertising. I also look and research, before pulling the trigger.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the Best Website for Last Minute Deals?

And I agree with # 4 too. It is all advertising, matter of fact all these internet sites and tour operators always have some crazy off prices almost anytime of the year. It is not uncommon to see 75% off vacation packages.

To me is no different like buying gold jewelry in Kmart, Walmart,etc... it is always on sale 50%-75% off.

And even than the jewelry is hardly even worth this kind of money.