We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spiders...

Glen Ellyn...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Spiders...

Last year on our honeymoon at Secrets Maroma Beach, my husband and I spotted a very large spider on the outside of one of the buildings. He said he couldn't relieve his fear of finding one in our room after that. Does anyone know anything about spiders in the area? I'd like us to go back for our one year anniversary but he's said no because of the spider sighting...

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spiders...

My Goodness, my Dear, you're going to end up in the North Pole!

-Surf:)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,517 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spiders...

How about snakes, scorpions

Cruise ships are safe or high up in 5-10 story bldgs

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spiders...

One time in Illinois we were on a family camping trip and I saw a wolf spider the size of my head just chilling on the door to the bathroom I was in :(

My point....

Big spiders are everywhere including your home state. Tell him Buck up buttercup, he is like 1000 times the size of the spider :)

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,222 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spiders...

Haha we found a wolf spider just chilling in our den once. Called the health dept guy. It was way BIG! That's when we learned it was a wolf spider. I've never seen such a big spider in my life! Google it!

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,283 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spiders...

Yes there are spiders everywhere and I am not a fan either!! We found one in our house and thought it was fake at first as it was the biggest one we had ever seen...yuck!! Maybe go to one in the Cancun hotel zone....I am sure they have spiders there too but with less greenery it might make him feel better and get a upper floor. If you liked Secrets Maroma maybe Secrets the Vine would work. It is getting really good reviews! You could get a preferred room and be up really high! We love Sun Palace and The Royal in Cancun along there for adults only. Sun Palace is closer to the airport with the most amazing service ever. The Royal in Cancun is closer to the clubs and La Isla Mall and it is beautiful. We have gone to Cancun and area over a dozen times and have never seen a spider and no bugs in our rooms. The beach is really lovely along the hotel zone!

romford
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spiders...

Our son and his girfriend recently returned from the GBP Sian Kian. Their room was on the 3rd floor, but it didn't stop a tarantula from getting into their bathroom eeek!!!

We are off the SMB the end of next month, and yes, I realise it is the tropics, but my worse nightmare would be to come across a tarantula ... the whole resort would soon know about it it i did lol!!!

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spiders...

There are tarantulas too!!

romford
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spiders...

Yes, I know ... don't need reminding thanks lol!!

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,608 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spiders...

I was cleaning my kitchen floor the other day, and there were a ton of baby spiders, just hatched. Didnt see the mama, but this summer, we're getting a ton in Southern Ca, so you just can't avoid 'em. They don't like you either ;)!

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,222 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spiders...

Shake your shoes out b4 you put them on!