We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe for a single 30 something woman in Cancun?

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Is it safe for a single 30 something woman in Cancun?

I am planning to travel to Cancun alone and I'm a single woman in my 30s. I'm just wondering how safe it is on resort? I don't plan to go around alone too much but I would like to do a tour to see Chichen Itza. Is it safe to walk around the resort alone or do you get harassed? How about on an organized tour?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,667 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe for a single 30 something woman in Cancun?

It is safe on the resort and off the resort and even outside of guided tours - likely safer than Toronto

My wife goes down there by herself, travels up and down the coast, stays in a condo

See 1st TOP QUESTION

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe for a single 30 something woman in Cancun?

Thank you for the tip Vancouversundog, its helpful and I will keep it in mind.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 21:07
3. Re: Is it safe for a single 30 something woman in Cancun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 05:16