We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stamford, Ct
Level Contributor
748 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfers

Hi - daughter just booked a trip to Live Aqua and I just noticed that airport transfers are not included with Expedia. So big question is - any recommendations for getting to and from the airport and hotel? Would like to set something up before hand so they just grab their luggage and head for the resort. Appreciate any input -

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,008 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers

2nd Top Question

recent review

From the Cancun Destination Experts

Airport Transportation: How do I get to my Hotel??

Once you arrive in Cancun, your next step is getting to your Resort. Two popular options include Private or Shared shuttle service

Transportation To & From the Airport June 2013

June 2013 recommendations from Trip Advisor Members ... (more)

Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers

I would suggest Lomas Travel. The people are very friendly and it is rather inexpensive.

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
215 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers

try here:

http://www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/

I have never used them, I have only used "Best Day" as they are setup through my travel agent, they are fine as well.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers

We use USA Transfers (Entertainment Plus), very reliable, book online, pay on your way to the resort. I think it would be about $55 round trip, private transfer for up to 3, to Live Aqua.

Expedia does offer transfers, but it costs extra. You might have missed that when booking. But lucky that you did because I think they charge almost the same, if not more, for a shared transfer.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfers

I'm a big fan of USA transfers... always had amazing service, we've gotten to know one of the drivers Elmer, he's the best, we always request him and are excited to see him at the airport, kind of like family picking you up!

http://www.usa-transfers.com/

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,969 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfers

Another vote for USA Transfers

Minnesota
Level Contributor
9 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfers

+1 for USA Transfers/Entertainment Plus. Our group has used them for several years and has always had a good experience. They are efficient, reasonably priced and reliable.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
79 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfers

Another vote USA transfers. Can't say enough good things about them!!! Just walk through the airport and say NO THANK YOU to all of the timeshare people and then rot outside the door you will see a man with a USA transfers sign!! You can even order SPF 45 biodegradable sunscreen for $12 in advance and they will have it for you on the van. I always carry on, so this is a HUGE HUGE help.

kansas
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transfers

I'm planning on using USA transfers for our trip in May. Are there advantages/disadvantages to paying in advance by credit card? I'm a little nervous about paying the full amount up front (either by credit card or by cash at the airport). Has anyone had issues in not being picked up at their hotel for the return trip to the airport?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport transfers

I have used many from CUN, but after using Canada transfers, I won't use anyone else. They were wonderful with newer vehicles, free ice cold water, wet facecloths and beer and pop to buy for $1 a piece. They are great and I send all my clients to them now. Never had one issue:)