We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O'Hare to Cancun Nonstop

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Topic
O'Hare to Cancun Nonstop

Greetings Everyone!

My wife and I are looking to travel to Cancun February 4th-11th 2014 for a week and have been looking into some airfare. We currently each have $200 vouchers to be used on American Airlines and the current airfare from February 4th-11th is $405 per person NONSTOP. These are 8am flights... does this seem to be a good deal or do you guys think that this rate may come down between now and then? With our vouchers this would make our flights $205 per person NONSTOP.

So, is $405 nonstop from ORD to CUN a good deal or should we wait?

Thanks everyone!

Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,594 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: O'Hare to Cancun Nonstop

Too tough a question to answer!!

I think the last I paid for a NS out of O'Hare was about $350 - thought that was a great deal these days. $400 doesn't seem bad at all.

I currently find better deals from Midway on AirTran (NS).

An 8 am flight out of Chgo in February is great!! Never know what kind of weather we'll be having.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: O'Hare to Cancun Nonstop

It seems to be a decent deal especially with our vouchers. I just didn't know if it may go down any more. I guess we should lock in those tickets then?

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O'Hare to Cancun Nonstop

I cannot remember what we paid for the ORD CUN flight in February, but I CAN suggest booking the 8 AM flight before it fills up.

We were scheduled to fly at 10 on United, thinking this would get us to the resort just after check-in time at 3. Instead United delayed us for 3.5 hours due to mechanical problems. It is the first time we've arrived at our resort in the dark! So from now on, we are flying as early as possible.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: O'Hare to Cancun Nonstop

From my area I would book a flight at that price and forget about it.

Edited: 02 August 2013, 18:54
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: O'Hare to Cancun Nonstop

I had 2 $200 travel vouchers from American and booked the non stop flight out of OHare for this November. $400 RT is a good deal. I also highly using aavacations.com if you are looking to book hotel and flight together. They usually have some pretty good deals that beat what you can find on Orbitz, Expedia, etc. We are staying at Live Aqua for about $300 less per person than those other sites. Also with non stop, you won't waste a day traveling with layovers and less likely you will lose baggage on each leg of the trip, the reason for the vouchers in the first place.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: O'Hare to Cancun Nonstop

Can you book vacations (flight and hotel) through AA with vouchers? I thought it may just be flight only.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,720 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: O'Hare to Cancun Nonstop

I'm pretty sure vouchers like yours are only for flights, but it should say this on the back of the voucher (or weblink which might be listed). My opinion is that $400 is probably right. Sure, maybe it goes down a bit, but what happens if it goes up, and up, and up....Sort of like Risk/Reward. Book it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
382 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: O'Hare to Cancun Nonstop

You got a very good price. We are going during thanksgiving from o'hare on AA and paying $865 p.p. ! The 8 am flight is very good as you don't want to waste the whole day just travelling.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: O'Hare to Cancun Nonstop

$405.00 if Feb. is a great deal. Get it before is to late.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: O'Hare to Cancun Nonstop

Thank you all for your inputs. We will book this airfare. Any good deals with booking hotels separately? We usually book a package deal and can't since the vouchers we have. Thought about hotwire bidding.