We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel not all inclusive!!!

Boswell...
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel not all inclusive!!!

We are in our 60's and would like to go to Cancun and stay at a hotel that is not all inclusive, with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby (within walking distance) and a beautiful beach and pool. We do not mind a large resort because we are people watchers and most of the time just lay at the beach/pool. Golf course nearby would be an extra plus! Thanks for your help!!!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel not all inclusive!!!

Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach, JW, Ritz,. What am I leaving out? Oh yea, the Royal properties, sands, Caribbean, islander., etc.. royalreservations.com/campaign/…

Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach may be the one for you. Close to the shopping, killer pool, large property. No golf course though, the JW has one close by.

Edited: 08 August 2013, 21:45
Boswell...
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel not all inclusive!!!

Thanks for the info....but I have another question. Is there anything available as to what I want for $700-800 rather than $1200-1400? Those you mentioned a pretty pricey..........Thanks

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel not all inclusive!!!

You can rent a one bdrm condo from a Royal Sands owner for about a $1000 for the week, A studio / Hotel room set up you can rent for around $700. But I would HIGHLY recommend the one bdrm, it's well worth the extra money. THere are plenty of restaurants near by with one at the Royal Sands and the Hacienda Sisal on the property. You can also visit the other Royal resorts via their shuttle for free, they also have restaurants. The Royal Caribbean and Royal Islander are also Non AI. Go to Redweek.com or Tug2.net to rent from an owner....you will save a bunch of money renting from an owner. Renting from an owner will allow you to stay there without purchasing the AI Package at the Royal Sands (RC and RI are both Non AI exclusively). Golf you say....The Royal Sands will allow you to use clubs for free and for a $25 upgrade you can get name brand clubs (Taylor Made I think). The one that are free are knock offs, but pretty good. There are quite a few good golf courses in Cancun. The Royal Sands was rated the top resort for 2010 ( I think that was the year). You won't be dissapointed with the any of the Royal Resort properities.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel not all inclusive!!!

There is not a lot of EP hotels to choose from. The ones that are there, are upper end.

At the moment I cant think of any thing a step down in price. Matter of fact, cant think of any others at all.

I have read on here several times about people getting good prices at the JW. I do not remember the details on how though.

I'm sure with a little time and patience you can find a price better than your inital #''s. Others will help

Edited: 09 August 2013, 00:49
Harpswell, Maine
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel not all inclusive!!!

You could try looking for condos for rent on airbnb.... this one looks promising -

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/88064

Boston
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel not all inclusive!!!

Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach. There's the Ritz and the JW Marriott but they're not within walking distance to golf course nor restaurants.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel not all inclusive!!!

The Hyatt Regency Cancun is one option that is not all-inclusive. They do have a great promotion though to help lower the cost of any food or drinks that are purchased at their property. They will double your credit at check-in. So if you want to purchase $100 in credit, they will give you $100.00 extra in credit. It's a nice promo for those of us who want to try out different places, but still want the convenience of eating an affordable meal or having drinks at our hotel.

They also have one of the calmest beaches on the strip.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
355 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel not all inclusive!!!

Casa Maya is a good budget hotel if that is what you are after. I believe most who stay here have a time share but they also have rooms for nightly rates. Not a lot within walking distance though but the bus is nearby and is easy and convenient. The hotel is located between downtown and the main hotel strip. Two small pools at the hotel. The beach is beautiful and has very calm waters. See my review and photos for more details.

We are returning again this December.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,882 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel not all inclusive!!!

There are quite a few non all inclusives - thank heavens - for the time being. All inclusives are running hotels out of business.....

Ritz Carleton

JW Marriott

Casa Magna Marriott

Hyatt

Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach

None of these are cheap but then, again, you get what you pay for. If you want the best, you'll have to pay for it. If you are seeking less money, look at renting at The Royal Resorts through an owner (Royal Sands, Islander or Caribbean).....vrbo.com is one option. If you rent through an owner you do not have to do their all inclusive.

Cheryl

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hotel not all inclusive!!!

Inter-Continental President is a lower cost non AI has a very nice beach, close by to restaurants and shops and can even walk to golf course