We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reputable Jewelers

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Reputable Jewelers

My husband and I are going to Isla Mujeres the middle of August to celebrate our wedding anniversary! Hubby wants to upgrade my wedding ring while there and I was needing to know the names of some reputable jewelers on the island, Cancun, or surrounding areas. Quit honestly, I am terrified of getting home and finding out that we have been duped! Help.........really nervous!!!!!!!

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,733 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reputable Jewelers

All I can say is, the one jewelry store I went in, had very high prices. That was in Playa Del Carmen though.

Everyone says to bargain, and maybe that's why prices are so high.

I'd say be very careful.

Level Contributor
11,568 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reputable Jewelers

Why would you even consider it? You are only asking for trouble. When did Cancun become a global diamond trading center? Are you sure you want to stay married to that guy?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reputable Jewelers

Dont do it!

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,010 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reputable Jewelers

There are a couple of reputable jewelers on Isla, Ricardo at Fire Opal and Alejandros. BUT, I would never buy something this significant at a place so far from home where you cannot check the authenticity or return it if something is wrong. Upgrade your diamond at home.

Now, if you happen to see something beautiful and you love it and don't care whether it's real or not go ahead and get it, knowing there's a chance it may not be authentic. You will have a nice memento of your anniversary trip.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reputable Jewelers

LOL, some of the jewlers really wig out when I whip out my scratch stone and acid kit....

6. Re: Reputable Jewelers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 06:20