We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt/Royal Cancun News

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt/Royal Cancun News

Not sure if this has been posted yet. http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2013/8/18/132317/590/hotels/And_Hyatt's_New_All-Inclusive_Resorts_Will_Be...

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,361 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt/Royal Cancun News

so the Royal will become a Hyatt. Thanks for the news.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt/Royal Cancun News

yep. "This week, Hyatt announced that the Barcelo Los Cabos and the Royal Cancun would be the first two properties to be rebranded. Both will undergo multimillion-dollar renovations and are supposed to be finished later this year, which we're figuring will be in time for the start of Mexico's high season around Thanksgiving...We will be sure to let you know how the Barcelo Los Cabos and Royal Cancun will change when details of the renovations are released. Photos: [Will McGough/Real Resorts]" from hotelchatter.com

tewksbury, ma
Level Contributor
39 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt/Royal Cancun News

Are they talking about The Royal in Cancun (the Real resort property) or the Royal Cancun (the royal resort property)?

So confusing!

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt/Royal Cancun News

Nice to 'see' you posting again Jim!

Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt/Royal Cancun News

Thanks, Mole. Nice to be remebered!

And yes, it is the only "the Royal Cancun" in Cancun...since they won the lawsuit years ago...part of the Real Resorts.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
518 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt/Royal Cancun News

What lawsuit JW?

tewksbury, ma
Level Contributor
39 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt/Royal Cancun News

Any idea on their "multimillion $" renovations timeline?

I'm going there in November and don't really want to be in the middle of a construction zone!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
518 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt/Royal Cancun News

Dennish...not sure what they can do to "renovate" The Royal...it went through some renovations last year.

M H
London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hyatt/Royal Cancun News

I'm quite concerned by this news as we'll be there mid October for our honeymoon! Have emailed The Royal for more information and will post back if & when I have anything to report...

M H
London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hyatt/Royal Cancun News

I've had a reply from the concierge at The Royal, advising that there's no renovation work scheduled for the period 12-22nd October. No mention of anything either side of that...