We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal in Cancun to change hands?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,945 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Royal in Cancun to change hands?

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2013/8/18/132317/590/hotels/And_Hyatt's_New_All-Inclusive_Resorts_Will_Be...

And Hyatt's New All-Inclusive Resorts Will Be...

Dated Aug 19th

"Earlier this month, we covered Hyatt's entrance into the all-inclusive market through a partnership with Playa Resorts and guessed that the Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe in Manzanillo might be the first hotel to fly the Hyatt flag.

Well, we were close! This week, Hyatt announced that the Barcelo Los Cabos and the Royal Cancun would be the first two properties to be rebranded. Both will undergo multimillion-dollar renovations and are supposed to be finished later this year, which we're figuring will be in time for the start of Mexico's high season around Thanksgiving. "

Any input from boots on the ground ?????????

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,945 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Royal in Cancun to change hands?

The link I posted has a picture of the Royal Cancun a Real property, so no confusion as to which resort..I can't attest to the accuracy of the report..

I too wondered what the people that had timeshares would do..As well as those that had allready booked future travel to the Royal..

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Royal in Cancun to change hands?

Nothing in the press room yet...

http://www.realresorts.com/Press-Room/

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,656 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Royal in Cancun to change hands?

I wonder if it will remain AO. Never heard of a Hyatt that didn't welcome families. May be bad news for Royal lovers.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,876 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Royal in Cancun to change hands?

"I've had a lot of problems in my life and most of them never happened." Mark Twain

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,656 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Royal in Cancun to change hands?

Love that, JiminCancun! Actually just spoke to a friend who is a big Hyatt Rewards points accruer. While this is still VERY tentative, he is quite excited about the possibility of taking his family here.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
141 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Royal in Cancun to change hands?

God I did not even think of that. I hope it stays AO. I have just spoken to my travel agent to try and find out what is going on. Why do they have to ruin my holiday, we have looked forward to this for 14 months and now we don't know what is going on, this sucks.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,044 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Royal in Cancun to change hands?

What a great quote, Jim!

Aberdeen Scotland
Level Contributor
259 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Royal in Cancun to change hands?

I certainly hope this is not true! We are booked to the royal in July..... And have booked our renewal of vows on the beach!! I'm panicking now:(

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Royal in Cancun to change hands?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php…

TripGuy posted this on FaceBook. I'm not sure if the above link will work for you or not but I couldn't copy and paste the whole announcement using my iPhone.

Aberdeen Scotland
Level Contributor
259 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Royal in Cancun to change hands?

Yes. Just looked at the fb page for the royal. An official statement from the royal is due to be released soon but the royal will be changing :(