We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon? !

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Topic
honeymoon? !

We are thinking of cancun for our honeymoon in 2015... any advise?! Would like a nice hotel but not too expensive x

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,690 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon? !

Some questions to help people give you better advice:

What time of year?

Are you interested in Cancun specifically or the Mayan Rivera in general? There are different areas of the coast that appeal to different people.

What are you looking for in a hotel/resort? Are you looking for AI or not? Small or large? Great pools and lush landscaping? Spa services? Really good food? Close to town for nightlife and shopping? Far from town for peace and quiet? What is most important to you?

What do you want to do on your honeymoon - besides the obvious ;-) Hang out around the pool and drink umbrella drinks, swim in the ocean, long walks on the beach, guided sightseeing tours, independent sightseeing by rental car or public transit, snorkeling and/or diving?

Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon? !

Be going in september, want a nice hotel overlooking the sea, good food, close to all bars, no sightseein, relax and chill wit a cocktail!!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,889 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon? !

If youre hearts set on a Caribbean honeymoon I might consider Aruba below the hurricane zone or maybe Cabo on the Pacific coast.... in the midst of hurricane season you risk the chance of bad weather or post hurricane damage. Luckily, its to soon to book for 2015; check the weather the next 2 summers/falls and make your decision from there. Good luck!

Kent
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon? !

hi, i presume your coming from england, don't book as soon as the brochures come out, i found they was dearer then, after a few months they dropped and then crept back up, as the above said look at aruba, my brother and family have just come back and loved it, they stayed in the rui palace aruba, your prob looking at about £1800 each, you could get cheaper in mexico but like has been said your out of the hurricane zone. they have also been mex a few times and are going back to the pacific side next year which thomsons are now doing, lots of research for you!! half the fun

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,889 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: honeymoon? !

bevi/lorrabell : it youre both considering the pacific side, rainy season is 'typically' through end of September, Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco and further south; Cabo may be safer but you cant always count on mother nature!

Kent
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: honeymoon? !

i'm going cancun and the main T O have only just started to go to the pacific side so us brits don't tend to know much about that side, good to know the weather, thanks

7. Re: honeymoon? !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 06:21