We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Royal Cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
32 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
The Royal Cancun

Has anyone stayed in a Swim-Up room? Can you tell me if it is connected to the main pool with the swim-up bar? I have clients who are wanting to book this room category but they want to make sure that they won't have to get out of the water to get in to the main pool/swim-up bar.

Thanks!

dundee
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Royal Cancun

Im at the Royal cancun now, yes your client would have to get out his swim up room pool to get to swim up bar, as they are not connected, but pool waiters are plenty to get your client drinks brought to there swim up room.

Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Royal Cancun

I am there now too and it depends which room you are in. Some of the rooms (the ones near the main pool) you can go from your room to the pool .... There are just few steps connecting them. They look great but beware... They only have sun in the morning.... By about 2.30 - 3.30 depending on which room- they are in the shade!

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Royal Cancun

My husband and I stayed in room 108 in 07 and that room was connected to the main pool but just a few steps. Loved that room!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Royal Cancun

They will have to get out of the water, even if it is for a few steps. I just don't want them thinking they can swim their way over to the main pool.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
5,701 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Royal Cancun

The swim up rooms have small pools separate from the main pools. You do see the waiters bringing drinks to them though. As mentioned the sun is gone early...depending on the room and time of the year by early afternoon. Also The Royal is being taken over by Hyatt this fall....sounds like it will still be adult only. Some renovations to be made but not sure what. An official announcement should be coming soon. This was posted here......Check out the info:

"CHICAGO, Aug 23, 2013 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Hyatt Hotels Corporation today announced the first two Hyatt-branded all-inclusive resorts, currently THE ROYAL Cancun and Barcelo Los Cabos, will be rebranded as Hyatt Zilara Cancun and Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos in Q4 2013. Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall, Jamaica, formerly the Ritz Carlton Golf Resort & Spa, Rose Hall, Jamaica will open in early 2014. Each resort will undergo a multimillion dollar renovation as part of its rebranding.

These new brands will allow Hyatt a distinct all-inclusive experience. Hyatt Zilara will exclusively focus on adults while Hyatt Ziva will focus on families. Resorts flagged under the Hyatt Zilara brand, which was derived from the word "exhilarate," will inspire guests to embrace new discoveries through activity-driven experiences. Hyatt Ziva resorts will capture the fun and vitality of a vacation, encouraging families to celebrate life's pleasures and foster lasting connections.

There are some other posts re the take over....Not sure what this will do re prices, renovations etc.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Royal Cancun

Not a take over although Hyatt will be taking over the hotel operation.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
21 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Royal Cancun

I have an existing reservation with Royal Cancun in march, how will this effect my reservations do you think? I am told it is not atm an AI, do you think this will change?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
32 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Royal Cancun

Another question . . .does anyone know if there are Corner Ocean Front rooms on the bottom floor?

glasgow
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Royal Cancun

A different Royal maybe? This is about The Royal (real resort) do you maybe mean The Royal Cancun I know can get very confusing with such similar names The Royal (real resort) is Adults only and The Royal Cancun I think is more family and I don't think it is AI although I may be wrong about that. SO if you do mean The Royal Cancun then there should be no change for yourself.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
32 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Royal Cancun

THE ROYAL Cancun is an adults-only property located in Cancun. It is part of Real Resorts. It's family-friendly resort is right next door and is called the Grand Caribe Real. THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen also is all-inclusive and adults-only and its family-friendly is right across the street and called the Gran Porto Real.