We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace elite membership

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fairport
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Palace elite membership

I purchased a elite membership in May for about $16K and received two free weeks at the palace resorts plus one at LeBanc. I now find out I can purchase a week at the resort on line for what I'll have to pay as a member. The value of the free weeks is only about $8k, so this seems like a bad deal. Most of the people posting comments seem reasonably happy with their memberships but I'm feeling like I got ripped off. Am I missing something here??

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace elite membership

We negociated for quite a bit of free weeks and incentive weeks. We also get free weeks for referrals which is nice. So far we have had luck with the Legendary membership we bought last year allowing us to go or send anyone to all the resorts.

Hummelstown...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace elite membership

Just purchased as well. Did you get the additional 3 free nights when you book a week for the next three years?? You do save about 10% or so when booking as a member it seems to me as well

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palace elite membership

Caveat Emptor.

IMO, one should never attempt to compare what one has paid for any kind of vacation time, be it timeshare, interval ownership, points or by whatever other name a particular resort may call it...

If one bought it and thinks that they got a good deal, then leave it be. Someone else will always say that they got a much better deal for less. Such is life and human nature...

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palace elite membership

I disagree. Can you imagine of the company thought that way, too?

There more info we share the more we can help each other.

Anyway, so for a referral (a couple staying for a week), one gets a free week? Anything else?

Thank you!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palace elite membership

I'm assuming that the referral means another couple purchasing the membership rather than simply staying for a week?

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palace elite membership

No a referral means the couple gets our price and our benefits. They DO NOT have to go to the presentation or buy anything. Some members have no referral benefits and some get a free week if they refer two couples in a year. Others may have upgraded their membership (Like we did) and can receive two free weeks if they refer four couples.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Palace elite membership

We'll be booking about 50 rooms, and our friends who are the members will only get two free weeks out of it because I get my wedding group benefits. They won't let me book through different memebers or I'll lose the benefits. What a wasted opportunity.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palace elite membership

Never heard of that. You can book thru as many members as you want and they will all get rewarded.

Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Palace elite membership

I also purchased a membership from the palace elite. It is a scam. According to Mexican law, you only have 5 days to cancel your contract from the time of purchase. Many people, like myself are not aware of this. It is never mentioned in the contract and the salespeople never said anything. It is after researching that you realize you have been scammed. I am seeking legal counsel on how to pursue this. There is the Mexican Timeshare Solutions online who supposedly handles these situations. But, I am very skeptical now about putting my trust into anyone from Mexico. They can also be working with the resorts. If anyone has experience on timeshare fraud, scam, whatever you want to call it. Please reach out. This timeshare scam is happening too often.

Edited: 09 October 2013, 20:22
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palace elite membership

We're currently at Sun Palace and haven't even been approached about going to one of their sales pitches. We can't understand why people pay so many thousands of dollars for what appears to be a blank wristband and a seat on the beach (right next so where we usually sit).

What is the sell that people hear that makes them pay so much money over?