We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrades at Le Blanc

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Upgrades at Le Blanc

Just curious if anyone ever gets an upgrade upon arrival. We aren't planning on one because the room categories above us are sold out for the first 3 days of our stay but we are just curious in general. How about paying for an upgrade for the 5 nights that the next category of room is available. Would they let you do that if the room isn't available for your entire stay?

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrades at Le Blanc

we just got back yesterday. They told us we had got a room upgrade, but we still got the basic double deluxe on the lagoon side (the most basic of basic I believe which is what we had booked in the first place). We asked for an upgrade to a room with balcony on the sea side (willing to pay the extra of course) and they said nothing available. We asked about using resort credit for upgrade - not possible - read the small print on the Resort Credit Contract. Even though there is a Room Upgrades column, the small print says "Resort Credit may be used for up to one room category upgrade. It cannot be used towards jr suites, governor or royal presidential suites. Room upgrades are subject to availability at time of checkin" Their small print is worth studying in terms of spa credits as well.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrades at Le Blanc

I read the fine print on the resort credit so I am aware of the details. Funny that they would say they upgraded you and you were in the same room category. I was looking to see if you could pay out of pocket for an upgrade for 5 nights if the first 3 were not available in a higher category room. We are not booked for the lowest category rooms. Hopefully someone will know the answer to that. Hope you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the response.

3. Re: Upgrades at Le Blanc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 06:32