We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions required for 2 elderly travellers

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions required for 2 elderly travellers

We are thinking of escaping from cold weather in the UK in Jan, Feb 2014 and would like to try the Canun or Playa Mujeres area as we have never been here before. We are 86 and 75 and think that this might be our last long haul holiday ! We are looking for all inclusive, adult only hotel. Entertainment is not a priority as will have a good book with us.Can you suggest a really lovely hotel, where the quality of food is outstanding. We realise that it will be expensive, but are willing to pay. Thankyou

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,707 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions required for 2 elderly travellers

You could check out Sun Palace. Excellent food, service and rooms, adults only and on the smaller side as far as resorts go, so no huge sprawling complex with lots of walking, etc. Several pools (one activity and two quiet pools) and beautiful stretch of beach (with plenty of loungers and umbrellas), and did I mention the food and service? It's our first choice in Cancun.

Enjoy, whichever you choose.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,645 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions required for 2 elderly travellers

Link from a post earlier this year - look at the list Llisa has compiled - very thorough.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k623778…

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestions required for 2 elderly travellers

Peergon- You want any hotel that is small, has a small footprint. Less walking around, you also want a hotel, not a resort, with concrete walking/wheelchair ramps, no long step climbs. First thing is no matter what is said on this topic view the pictures here on TA of each hotel, and make sure it's something your comfy with walking around. Pool to room-restaurants-beach-etc.

Suggestions if price is no concern, adult only, All inclusive all in Cancun hotel zone area.

1. Leblanc

2. The Royal

3. Sun Palace

4. Secrets the Vine

5. Sandos

All of the above are smaller 400 room or less, except maybe Secrets, not sure on that one, but it's close. None are resorts, but hotels. All have upper class amendites, food/alcohol, not roudy, but more sedate/quit.

Lastly the airport is about 12 miles from the Cancun strip, I would think you want as little as possible when it comes to driving from airport-hotel, and back again. Because of this in part, I don't recommend anywere else. The drivetimes would be 40+ minutes. Example: Playa Del Carmen is 40-60 minutes, Isla Mujeres involves a ferryride for 25 minutes, plus 1-15 waiting on the ferry etc. Oh, and get private transportation v.s. shared. That way you will go directly to the hotel, without stopping, and dropping off 1-6 other families/groups.

My vote would be either LeBlanc, or the The Royal. But make sure the layout suits you by viewing those pictures of each here on TA.

Brighton UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions required for 2 elderly travellers

Thanks everyone, you have given us lots to look at. We will not be renting a car as driving would be too stressful "wrong" side of the road. Very grateful for your help.

Peergon

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suggestions required for 2 elderly travellers

Peergon, have you considered going south a bit to the Playacar area? Very close to Playa del Carmen.

If so, you may want to check out Royal Hideaway Playacar. Has all you are looking for, and more. We have visited 5 times, and hoping for a 6th in November if all goes well.

Please feel free to send me a Private Message if I can help with more info.

Happy travels!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suggestions required for 2 elderly travellers

You also might want to consider staying at the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso. This place looks amazing and was TripAdvisor's Travellers' Choice 2013 Winner in the categories of Luxury | Top Hotels | Best Service.

7. Re: Hotel suggestions required for 2 elderly travellers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 05:17