We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Anti-Cancun

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,713 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
The Anti-Cancun

That´s the title of an interesting article in today´s USA Today about Valladolid. A good article with photos about one of my favorite towns, Valladolid. As often happens with media reviews, he does list mostly upscale hotels and restaurants but Valladoid has much available at good prices. It is worthwhile to visit before such good publicity increases the visitor count by too much.

usatoday.com/story/…

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
649 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Anti-Cancun

Robert I agree with you. Great town and so many places to eat and sleep. Lots of history and so much more..

I could say ....don't go, bad food, to much traffic, and nothing to see. Maybe that will keep the crowds down. :-)

Polloman

Florida
Level Contributor
784 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Anti-Cancun

Great article, thank you.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,713 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Anti-Cancun

¨I could say ....don't go, bad food, to much traffic, and nothing to see. Maybe that will keep the crowds down. :-)¨

I like that, PolloMan. Maybe I will start saying the same! Hope it works.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,143 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Anti-Cancun

I liked Valladolid too and wished that we had spent more time there.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Anti-Cancun

It is one of my favorite spots, but I avoid the central square area when the tour buses roll in.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,713 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Anti-Cancun

Same for me, Peter. I lived in Valladolid for some time and stayed away from the center when the tour buses are in. Fortunately, the bus people don´t stray far. They all see the same tourists shops.

7. Re: The Anti-Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 06:32