We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish Pedicure help... Please

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Fish Pedicure help... Please

My friends and I want to try the fish pedicure and of course the concierge recommended the Royal Sands but that's $90. I saw some other places but am afraid if cleanliness. Can anyone give a suggestion? I am here now.

1. Re: Fish Pedicure help... Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2013, 07:58
maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fish Pedicure help... Please

There's a small place inside Luxury Avenue Mall...at least it was when we were there in April.

Truth or...
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fish Pedicure help... Please

Well the fish can't be sanitized so how clean can it be? It's also cruel because they starve the fish so they are more eager to nibble on your feet. Frankly, I'd just get a regular pedicure.

Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fish Pedicure help... Please

If you have ever been to a chicken raising farm you wouldn't eat chicken either...

Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fish Pedicure help... Please

If you have ever been to a chicken raising farm you wouldn't eat chicken either...

Edited: 22 September 2013, 22:57
Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fish Pedicure help... Please

This became popular in California in salons run by southeast Asians. Seems that it originated in that part of the world. But lately it has been banned in many states. Here is just one article on it. …sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2013/04/fish-…

Easy to google and find more. All seem to raise issues of sanitation. You can't disenfect the water and the fish can draw blood. Besides...that cost is huge. Want a real pedicure? Go into a Mexican salon off resort and get a better job for less. On some sites they warn about the fish being used on multiple clients. Suppose they could ingest a blood borne pathogen and spread it to others. If the fish are single use...what happens to them? Pizza? Want a cheap fish pedicure? Go out in a small boat to a reef. Rub some raw beef on your feet and dangle over board.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fish Pedicure help... Please

Plaza Forum (next to Coco Bongo) have it $22 for 2 people. It's on the second floor.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fish Pedicure help... Please

Xcacel (national park near Akumal, see GPS location here: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/81638302 ) is excellent for fish treatment, stay calm few minutes an fish will get to you, and .... is free!

Edited: 23 September 2013, 02:46
Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fish Pedicure help... Please

I would skip it. A regular pedicure is much more sanitary and, even then, you must question cleanliness.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fish Pedicure help... Please

The reviews right here on TA provide a number of places and even some prices:

http://tinyurl.com/la8pcrh