We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CANADIAN 18 YR OLD GIRLS.. looking to go for spring break.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
CANADIAN 18 YR OLD GIRLS.. looking to go for spring break.

My girl friends and I want to go to cancun for spring break aka as reading week here in canada. Heres the deal we are 18, we know about the hotels and how some require us to have a 21 year old in each room to check in and NO we dont want to go to the OASIS.. it looks like a dump. We want to go somewhere thats fun with people our age and decent night life, we are looking at Beach palace now.. looks nice but will we have fun? any other suggestions other then the oasis or Riu cancun..

THANKS!!!

oh and reading week is Feb 15-23rd

Ohio
Level Contributor
570 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CANADIAN 18 YR OLD GIRLS.. looking to go for spring break.

If you already have a thread on the subject, why create another?

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,283 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CANADIAN 18 YR OLD GIRLS.. looking to go for spring break.

Beach Palace is a great spot. It is more of a family resort but I am sure you will have a great time as long as you are not looking to play drinking games etc by the pool. It is really close to La Isla Mall which you will love!! Margarittaville is within walking distance (5-10 mins) and clubs a very short bus ride. The Gran Caribe Real is popular with your age group and families as well. The pool is not huge but it is a very nice resort. It is just a short walk from Beach Palace to give you an idea of where it is. Both have great beaches. Gran Caribe may have more going on in the evening. They do cater to the students on university breaks. As mentioned also check out Hard Rock Cancun. Many resorts along the hotel zone don't have a ton of night life as there is so much available right down the street.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CANADIAN 18 YR OLD GIRLS.. looking to go for spring break.

Beach Palace IS a nice hotel (very nice), but you're not old enough to check in. It's a family oriented property, and they "discourage" spring breakers.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: CANADIAN 18 YR OLD GIRLS.. looking to go for spring break.

We love the beach palace! Ill look and the Gran Caribe Real as well.. And hard rock looks awesome too except our only worry was that their wouldn't be people our age

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: CANADIAN 18 YR OLD GIRLS.. looking to go for spring break.

We love the beach palace! Ill look and the Gran Caribe Real as well.. And hard rock looks awesome too except our only worry was that their wouldn't be people our age

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: CANADIAN 18 YR OLD GIRLS.. looking to go for spring break.

& "BadBud6" I created another thread because the only hotel I was getting there was oasis and like I said its a dump and we don't want to go there .

Edited: 27 September 2013, 15:19
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CANADIAN 18 YR OLD GIRLS.. looking to go for spring break.

The Palace resorts are family resorts and so is the Gran Caribe Real (they have a nice kids waterpark). I would really stay at the Riu Cancun if I were you.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CANADIAN 18 YR OLD GIRLS.. looking to go for spring break.

I stand corrected. Curious as to what the minimum age requirement is at the BP, I checked with Palace Resorts. You can check in at 18. But because BP is marketed as a family resort, you'd probably better enjoy the HardRock or Moon....more to do, some activities more geared to the younger set. But if you plan to chill out around the pool or on the beach all day, and leave the partying to the clubs, then the Beach Palace would be fine for you. Don't expect a wild party atmosphere all day long at BP.

Wherever you young ladies wind up....enjoy your vacation...and stay safe.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,283 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CANADIAN 18 YR OLD GIRLS.. looking to go for spring break.

We stayed at the Royal Cancun last March and have been there several times so we often walk by and through the Gran Caribe. There were tons of teens+ there. Last year one day they had a DJ party set up on the beach (probably extra or included in a student package). Saw one in front of the ME as well. They were having a great time. I know there have been many university grad trips to the Gran Caribe. . It does have families as well and there is a little water park out front for the little ones. It is way nicer than the Oasis and the Riu Cancun though I would not put the Riu Cancun and the Oasis in the same category at all. The Riu is actually closing for major renovations in April I think.

It really depends what you are looking for. It is not easy to find a party place that caters mostly to students (like the Oasis) that is a 4 or 5 star hotel. I am sure you would have a great time at Beach or Gran Caribe but don't expect it to be wild.

glas scotland
Level Contributor
870 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CANADIAN 18 YR OLD GIRLS.. looking to go for spring break.

Have a look at the Rui Palace that gets good reviews from young people and its near the party zone