We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help for resort

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Need help for resort

Hello everybody....I am planning to visit cancun in thanksgiving holidays from 29th nov to 5th dec,.so I got a good deal from expedia with flight where they came up with four five options of resort within my budget...I really need help as I am not able to decide after reading reviews also...

Those are 1) GR Solaris 2) Park royal cancun 3) Grand oasis 4) Grand oasis palm 5) Great Parnassus Resort

I have no clue which will be best for us, we are couple with a 4 years old daughter ..love beach,good landscape and of course kids activities will be great..for food we don't eat pork,beef...only egg,chicken as non veg...so food is a kind of criteria....and love love shopping...no club or night activities needed...can you guys help us please...thank you for helping in advance..;)

Edited: 27 September 2013, 21:52
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help for resort

Ive stayed at 3 of the 5.. It's between the Gr Solaris and the Great P. in my book. Bringing up the rear is the Grand Oasis Palm. Forget about the others.

If you have kids? I'd choose the Great. No kids, the GR. I have stayed at both of them lots. Did the Grand Oasis about 20 yrs ago. Yuck!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help for resort

Thank you so much...@cancunone ,oh thank god I have mistaken Oasis resorts as good ones ....yes I have a kid ,so may be have to go with Great P...

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
375 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help for resort

I would definitely say GR Solaris or Park Royal. The Park Royal is just across the street from the La Isla shopping mall and both are an inexpensive (1.00) bus trip to the hotel zone shopping/nightclub hub area. Stay away from the Oasis resorts as the other two are much better.

We have stayed at Royal Solaris twice and had a great time! We also visited the GR and are anxiously awaiting to try it there sometime. We have also stayed at the Grand Park Royal (sister hotel to the Park Royal) and couldn't have asked for more.

Both the Park Royal and GR Solaris have very good reviews and as far as food goes, if you cannot find something on the menu that you like at the al la carte restaurants you can always ask the waiter to have them make you something to your liking.

4. Re: Need help for resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 September 2013, 23:51
Edited: 27 September 2013, 23:51
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help for resort

I want to clarify that the GR is the nicer of the 2 hotels, and kids are do able there. The downs in my eyes are,

The "quiet zone" on the pool deck. Not many kids for yours to play, or things to do.

Kids are every where at the Great, and lots for them to do. They have a good kids club. The entertainment staff has lots of games that involve just kids at the pools. . It is a notch or 2 lower on the pole in overall quality though. .

Edited: 27 September 2013, 23:51
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help for resort

Oh ok thank you so much all, so it seems Great Parnassus Resort is a good choice for kids,but one doubt I have is it ok for kids to play in water park or pool in December ? Kids pools will be heated or not?

And do Great Parnassus Resort has any night shows like GR or other resorts have?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help for resort

No heated pool.

Yes, they have shows every night at 9pm. A different theme every night. Some are pretty good, others are just ok. Michael jackson show is good. 70;s show is good, Caribbean Is good. The mime show is no bueno.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help for resort

Thank you for so prompt reply....now have to decide between GR or GP ..where no heated pool is there I am kind of panicked for my daughter in pool & water park....though I know it's tropical weather , but may be less comfortable for water sports than summer.....Hmmm may be I am thinking too much

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help for resort

Hai guys, today expedia is giving a sudden sale on Crown Paradise Cancun, how it is compared to G.P?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help for resort

A step down. I stayed there lots yrs ago No more for me! One to many hot vacas there. The AC in the rooms was terrible. I do not know if they have fixxed this? Prob not IMO. Anyhow , I just quit going, all run down. Supposedly they are in the process of redoing the place

Edited: 29 September 2013, 16:07