We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pesos

Moultrie, Georgia
Level Contributor
125 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
pesos

Where is the best place to go in Cancun to get some Pesos?

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pesos

You have many options. I personally don't waste time gunning all over looking for the best exchange rate. USD are widely accepted so I always arrive with a mix if small denomination bills and pesos left over from previous trips. Then hit up a Santander ATM (in network for BofA)

Most hotels have exchange services and there are many ATMs through out the HZ.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
805 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pesos

don't bother just take dollars - that is what they want- they converted our pesos to dollars when we checked out of our hotel, also duty free at airport is all priced in dollars.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pesos

They only want dollars so that they can make a bit more money off of you. You save money using pesos.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
805 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pesos

ah I get it - if you have dollars they convert to peso if you have peso they convert to dollars - you lose whatever way!!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,063 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pesos

An Attached ATM at a Mexican Bank....

Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pesos

I thought they don't accept USD anymore. Just wondering if I should get some peso first before leaving for Cancun. I prob need it for taxi to the hotel and tips on my first day. I'm from Canada, any suggestions? Any advice is greatly appreciated...thanks in advance :)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,262 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: pesos

Canadians - where exactly are you from

Read my post

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k407…

8. Re: pesos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 05:18