We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with 6 Adults? Best option?

Spearfish, South...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay with 6 Adults? Best option?

We are wanting to take our 4 young adult (22-30 years old) daughters on a trip to Cancun. We want to all stay together and be where the girls can be where they can walk to the beach and or activities, shopping and night life if they chose. We are open to condo, all inclusive, suite... Whatever works. We will want a place we can cook if we don't go all inclusive. I'm not sure with that many the all inclusive will be the most ecinomical. HELP. We are looking at Oct 2013-Feb 2014 for a time range.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Mercado 28
Flea & Street Markets
Queen Angel
Sightseeing Tours, Gift & Speciality Shops
Hacienda Tequila Cancun
Gift & Speciality Shops, Distilleries
Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay with 6 Adults? Best option?

Cancun all-inclusive hotels are available to fit anyones budget and can be very economical. We generally travel all-inclusive and spend most of our days relaxing at the hotel beach or pool, even with breakfast, lunch and drinks at the hotel and most of our dinners in town we still find we spend less than at a non AI resort. Food and drinks at any non AI hotel are generally more expensive to pay as you go, unless you are planning on most of your meals away from the hotel it could be costly; depending on where youre staying there may not be dining options available in the immediate area which would require the extra expense of cab or bus fare and lack of convenience. A condo is another option if you prefer the option of preparing a few meals but a trip to the supermarket would also require a cab ride into town. Economical and convenient, I prefer the all-inclusive option. If you have a budget in mind youre trying to work with, you will be provided with options available all-inclusive and non. Also, if youre going for 4 months (WOW!) you may want to split up your trip and you will probably also want to be close to a place with affordable laundry!!!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Grandville, Michigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay with 6 Adults? Best option?

Take a look at Royal Resorts.com. They have 4 resorts in Cancun. All of their Villa's sleep 6 people with two bedrooms and a murphy bed. They have a full kitchen and an onsite grocery store so cooking some meals is not a problem. They also have a variety of restaurants available. While they are a timeshare, they don't push to have you see their program. Also take a look at tug2.net and redweek.com, both rent timeshare villa's from private individuals.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay with 6 Adults? Best option?

I would only do all inclusive...you want to have a nice relaxing holiday as well as your kids. Secrets The Vine is a great option. The crew will take your girls to the clubs. I say this and haven't even stayed here, but I have stayed at other Secrets Resorts. The Iberostar Grand is also an option if it is within your budget. Have fun and please feel free to ask me any questions. I am taking my daughter and a friend as a college graduation gift and have it narrowed to these 2 resorts.

Spearfish, South...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay with 6 Adults? Best option?

It seems that the all inclusives end up being more expensive than a VRBO. We would love all inclusive if we could get it within our price range. We are hoping to stay under $300 a night for the room. We are in a more remote area so air usually gets booked separate or connecting flights in Denver Co. Some of our kids may only stay Sat-Thurs and my husband and I would stay Sat - Sat. We are open to anything. We are taking our 4 daughters ages 22-20 with us. We want then to be able to be within walking distance or have options for night life if they chose and we want to be on the beach. We are looking at the Xaman Ha rentals but would love any suggestions or advice on the condos or which rooms. We plan on traveling in November of 2014. We aren't particular on fanciness just clean and comfortable. We just want a good location not clear away from all activity. Not even set on Playa if one of the other towns are a better option.

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Blue Springs...
Level Contributor
621 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay with 6 Adults? Best option?

Please don't limit yourselves to walking distance. Cancun has an excellent bus service that runs 24/7. It is safe and costs a dollar each way. Riding the bus is fun and a part of the Cancun experience. The buses run up and downthe hotel zone. Right passed almost all the resorts and condos. Passed the shopping and the bars. They are probably safer than walking.

And fun.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Spearfish, South...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay with 6 Adults? Best option?

Not limiting ourselves to anywhere specific. We are totally open just want somewhere beachfront and in our price range. We are open to Cancun, Playa, Cozumel.... anywhere really. Every time I look at the all inclusive it seems they end up way more price wise than going with a condo. I will try again.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay with 6 Adults? Best option?

You should look at the Royal Sands, it sounds exactly what you are looking for. All 6 adults can stay together in a two bedroom villa. (two bedrooms/two bathrooms/full kitchen, living room & huge balcony). They have restaurants on site, a small mini mart to purchase food for your villa, an excellent beach...everything you are looking for. If you book thru the resort you will have to go AI, if you book through an owner you can opt out of AI. We prefer to book thru owners. You should pay around $1,000 for the week if booking thru an owner. Look at TUG2.NET to rent from an owner (weeks run Sat-Sat). It a great resort and very family friendly. The resort staff goes to local clubs as a group if that interests your daughters.

North Syracuse, New...
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay with 6 Adults? Best option?

I totally agree with Finskys recommendation. The Royal Sands is within walking distance to two shopping centers, several restaurants and the bus stop is right out front. It will sleep 6 comfortably as there are 2 murphy beds in the living room area. The beach is beautiful and most rooms have nice views. I would definitely rent from an owner rather than doing the all-inclusive.

Spearfish, South...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay with 6 Adults? Best option?

How do you rent from an owner? Is there good snorkeling close?

Spearfish, South...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay with 6 Adults? Best option?

Awesome thank you!!! I will look at that. Do you have suggestions for areas or rooms? Is there good snorkeling in this area?