We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A La Carte Restaurants at AI Hotels

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Topic
A La Carte Restaurants at AI Hotels

Good morning.

With regard to a la carte restaurants at all inclusive properties, I was wondering if this means that you have to actually pay for the meals at those restaurants, or they are free but you just have the ability to order off a menu.

Any other things one should be aware of with regard to a la carte's?

Thanks!

Mike

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,401 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A La Carte Restaurants at AI Hotels

I would say that it varies by property, but in general it means the restaurant is a la carte (menu vs. buffet) and there are no extra fees. I'm sure if you share your resort, you will get a much better response.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A La Carte Restaurants at AI Hotels

Thanks BK, that's a huge help.

I'm actually researching my first trip right now, and was trying to figure out of that should be a determining factor in the property that I stay at. Trying to keep it (relatively) economical, so was wondering if the 'a la carte' branding meant spending more $.

Thanks again!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,553 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A La Carte Restaurants at AI Hotels

BK is orrect. It varies by resort, but generally speaking an all inclusive resort calling a restaurant a la carte, means its a sit down non buffet meal.

Some resorts will have a "special" a la carte restaurant that will be an extra charge, but with general research as you are already doing, you will be able to find our that information before booking.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A La Carte Restaurants at AI Hotels

Thanks Tex, that's good to know, I'll be sure to double check to be safe!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A La Carte Restaurants at AI Hotels

I agree with what has been said. If its All Inclusive - the restaurants will be included in that. However, there are resorts that will charge you extra for certain wine, or food -- like lobster. There are also resorts where most of their restaurants are included in the AI plan price, but they have one or two others that aren't. Valentin Imperial Maya just added one of those.

6. Re: A La Carte Restaurants at AI Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2014, 04:17