We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January 2014 - 38 yo Solo Female - Cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
43 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
January 2014 - 38 yo Solo Female - Cancun

I am planning a 4 night R&R holiday to Cancun, I have never been. I have been to Riviera Maya, loved it, but am looking for something different. I am contemplating an AI. Any suggestions on resorts? I'm from Chicago and enjoy many great restaurants here, so good cuisine would be a nice addition. Of course the beach/pool too.

Miami, Florida
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: January 2014 - 38 yo Solo Female - Cancun

Much of it will have to do with your budget. I would love to stay at Le Blanc but I cant afford it. You might want to narrow your choices based on your budget, then ask folks here for help between your selection

Old Bridge, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: January 2014 - 38 yo Solo Female - Cancun

Hey there, I'm planning on doing the same thing and looking for the similar. Let me know if you've heard of anything great!!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: January 2014 - 38 yo Solo Female - Cancun

Live Aqua, Le Blanc, Secrets the Vine, the Royal all come to mind if your budget allows. Live Aqua and Le Blanc have little in the way of entertainment so if you want something to do at night you might want to check out Secrets the Vine. Another choice would be the Riu Palace Peninsula. It's large, kinda Vegas like but has a lot going on and it's right next door to the ferry to Isla Mujeres.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: January 2014 - 38 yo Solo Female - Cancun

i am also a single female -46yrs old (from chicago area) and i picked secrets the vine.. i am leaving 11/29, so excited!

i picked it based on reviews of the food, service and cleanliness.. i am sure i could have picked a more single friendly environment, but if i dont meet anyone, thats ok too!

5. Re: January 2014 - 38 yo Solo Female - Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:18