We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ADO Bus tickets from abroard.

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln
Level Contributor
61 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
ADO Bus tickets from abroard.

Has anyone had any luck buying Ado bus tickets from abroard?

We'll be arriving in cancun on the 1st of January and need to take the bus down to Chetumal on the 2nd.

I've been on the Ado website and the Ticketbus website but it won't accept my card because its an overseas card.Reading through this and other forums it seems this a regular issue but seeing as I will be travelling at a busy time I would kind of like to have my bus tickets booked in advance as i'll have an onward boat to catch to Belize.

Are there agencies that anyone knows of who could buy me these tickets and email them to me and I could then make an online payment to them?

Any ideas?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,702 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ADO Bus tickets from abroard.

Buy your tickets at the airport when you arrive.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,409 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ADO Bus tickets from abroard.

Sorry, no ideas about using a non Mexican card. I would say, you will likely have no problem getting a seat on Jan. 2. I doubt that will be one of the heaviest travel days. ADO operates about 18 buses per day Cancun to Chetumal. I would buy my ticket upon arrival, which you can do at the airport.

Few agencies sell ADO tickets since they pay no commission to the agents.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 14:27
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ADO Bus tickets from abroard.

Great advice above.

And, I understand ADO will sometimes add buses during busy periods.

And, in a pinch there are second-class buses and colectivos too. Though I doubt you'll have to resort to that.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
61 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ADO Bus tickets from abroard.

Ok thanks for the replies guys,i've built in an extra day just in case they are full for the 2nd, i can't see it myself either although on the ADO site the bus was already 1/3 full and tickets only came available last Friday...

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,702 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ADO Bus tickets from abroard.

Many people buy tickets just before departure. Buying the day before should be OK.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,409 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ADO Bus tickets from abroard.

Usually locals buy just before departure but during the busy holiday period, they often buy in advance. I often travel during that period and know from experience.

"on the ADO site the bus was already 1/3 full and tickets only came available last Friday."

The reason for that is often that since the Chetumal bus makes multiple stops , ADO blocks seats so the bus will not totally sell out at Cancun. If the seats do not sell, they will often release them for sale at Cancun at the last minute.

7. Re: ADO Bus tickets from abroard.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 05:17