We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oasis cancun spring break

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
174 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Oasis cancun spring break

Hiya visiting oasis cancun next March for spring break. After someone else booking I've noticed some terms and conditions. Like a 27 dollar each spring break deposit, plus under 24s have to buy an insurance upon check in.

Does anyone no how much this insurance is? And do you have to pay both?

Thanks

L

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oasis cancun spring break

I'd seriously rethink this resort. Sounds as if they are doing everything to cover themselves in case of damages and/or accidents, but not so much for their customers. Do a little reading on this resort.

London
Level Contributor
174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oasis cancun spring break

Unfortunately I thought we was going to the riu cancun (done my research on that), but my friend has booked us in the oasis. The charges to change to a different hotel are too high sadly! Really hope the hotel isn't as bad the reviews say!

Mt. Laurel, NJ
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oasis cancun spring break

They are as bad as the reviews say and worse. My son did not come home alive. I pleaded with him to reconsider. He did not but you should. Look at rhis link before booking. myfoxphilly.com/story/23876083/family-seeks-…

Orangeburg, New York
Level Contributor
81 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oasis cancun spring break

Talk to your travel agent and see what they can do, if they are worth a grain of salt they should help transfer you as they should know all too well about this hotel. It has an absolutely terrible reputation. You are much better off in the Riu chain and there are much more better and safe budget friendly options. Just ask on this forum.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oasis cancun spring break

Not sure if this will help but I went a couple years ago when I was 23 and we didn't have to pay for the under 24 insurance... but we went during January. I've heard it is $25.

6. Re: Oasis cancun spring break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 05:19