We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachscape Kin ha villas -- food and pool

New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Beachscape Kin ha villas -- food and pool

I am thinking about booking at this place in February -- beach looks perfect. I went to Intercontinental a few years ago and that beach was lovely -- and I think this is right next door. My questions are about food and the pool. First, is the pool heated? When I went to Mexico five years ago in January the weather was FREEZING! I believe it was unseasonably so, but would prefer that the pool is heated in case I hit a cold snap again. Second, I do not want AI, but wouldn't mind a package that includes breakfast. I see people mention this option at the Kin ha but I cannot find it offered on the hotel's web page and do not see it on sites like Hotels.com, Expedia, etc. Any thoughts? Can I purchase it there? Is it worth it? One post said the breakfast is about $18 -- seems steep. Will be traveling with husband, and my two girls (11 and 4). Any other suggestions about food welcome. We stayed at an AI (VIlla del Palmar) last April -- very good food and lovely resort -- so we may be a bit spoiled by that -- but disappointing beach. Thanks!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
70 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachscape Kin ha villas -- food and pool

We have stayed at Beachscape several times and love it! We have not stayed since they started doing an AI option. I am planning another stay and we're doing the AI option. I have looked at booking the breakfast only option (which we have used in the past and loved!) and if you do it on the website, it's an option that pops up as you get closer to the end of the booking process.

Beachscape is not your typical AI hotel. It is much smaller and quieter. But if you stayed at Intercontinental (we tried that one also) you are probably aware of that.

In previous stays, we did not do the AI option. We did the breakfast only option. Then we would have lunch on the beach and venture out for dinner. We love it that way! The beach restaurant is pretty good and reasonably priced for lunch. We have also had dinner there a couple times and I remember the food being delicious! We got a good deal on the AI option, so that is why we're choosing that route for our upcoming visit.

As for the pool being heated, I would have to say it is not. We have been twice in November and twice in March. It was swimmable in March, but chilly in November. We are there for the beach so we spent our time there anyway.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachscape Kin ha villas -- food and pool

Thanks! I haven't hit the breakfast option yet -- I see the AI. Where did you get the deal on the AI? I just saw a pretty good price on Venere.com (not familiar with this site but it was on Trip Advisor). That bums me out about the pool -- but I think that's the case most places.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
70 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachscape Kin ha villas -- food and pool

We got a livingsocial.com voucher. It's an AI voucher in a 1 bedroom suite.

Yeah, I would have to guess most pools aren't heated?? We have been to a few places and none of them were....

Va
Level Contributor
10,906 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachscape Kin ha villas -- food and pool

http://beachscapecancun.com/ offers stays with breakfast included, but not AI. The prices that I have found for AI weren't much more so we opted for it and figure we will eat there when we want and not feel guilty about going out because the price is so low. If you do go breakfast only there are some great places across the street for lunch that are cheap and very good.

The pool is not heated, but unlike some hotels, it gets good sun through the day. A hard rain will drop the temp, but it shouldn't be that bad. We really spend very little time at the pool because the beach is awesome.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachscape Kin ha villas -- food and pool

Hi, there again, I just read that the Kin Ha doesn't have elevators -- I just booked an ocean front suite (paid extra for that) and I have a four-year-old so a lot of stairs might be tough. Can you tell me how high the buildings are and if a ground floor would make an ocean view superflous -- maybe second floor is best?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachscape Kin ha villas -- food and pool

I've stayed there a few times and I don't think anything is more than four stories tall. The ocean view ground floor would probably have a nice view of the palm trees and chairs on the beach.

Va
Level Contributor
10,906 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachscape Kin ha villas -- food and pool

That is correct that there are no elevators. The ocean front buildings are 4 stories. We were on the 4th last time and while it doesn't sound like much, 4 stories is a long way. I feel sorry for the maids. You can ask for a lower floor, but that is subject to availability.

8. Re: Beachscape Kin ha villas -- food and pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 06:18