We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun- All Inclusive Hotel Suggestions for 2 couples

United States
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun- All Inclusive Hotel Suggestions for 2 couples

Good morning!

I am planning a trip to Cancun in January for my husband and myself and another couple.

We are in our mid 30's. Intersted in All Inclusives. To give you an idea of our budget, something in the price range of the Iberostar and GR Solaris.

Important to us is great bar service and service on the beach (or within close proximity). Also, not overrun with families as we are looking to get away from the kiddos.

Are there any hotels that would be a better choice given our small-ish budget and wishlist?

Thank you in advance!

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun- All Inclusive Hotel Suggestions for 2 couples

GR Solaris

Barcelo Tucancun Beach

Riu Cancun

Golden Parnassus

All would be fun and in your budget....

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun- All Inclusive Hotel Suggestions for 2 couples

I would choose Paradisus Cancun or Fiesta Americana Condesa over Barcelo, RIU, GP and Iberostar personally. Especially Paradisus.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun- All Inclusive Hotel Suggestions for 2 couples

Golden Parnassus. Adult Only, clost to the airport, great beach, good drinks and food, no reservations required for dinner, all restaurants except one allow casual (shorts, sandals) clothing, great staff, small size and easy to get around, but 5 restaurants and 4+ bars.

It is a little dated, and not real fancy, like some -- but a lot of people love it, including me!

If you want 4.5 or 5 star, dress up, fancy and somewhat snooty --- this is not your place. But if you like decent accomodations, a more casual laid back type of vacation, and good value -- it might be the place for you. Check it out!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun- All Inclusive Hotel Suggestions for 2 couples

My recommendation would be GR Solaris or RIU Cancun!! If you are looking for the most bang for your buck I would choose Barceló Tucancun (only oceanview rooms)................... Ted&Julie

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun- All Inclusive Hotel Suggestions for 2 couples

What Caviargal said.

United States
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun- All Inclusive Hotel Suggestions for 2 couples

Thanks Everyone!! I really appreciate the feedback.

The Paradisus looks very nice! The price is a bit more expensive per person than the GR Solaris. Is it worth spending the extra in your opinion?

The Golden Parnasus is great, but way out of our budget unfortunately :(

Also looking at ME Cancun and if anyone has opinions. And Excellence Riviera Cancun had a great rate

Washington
Level Contributor
766 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun- All Inclusive Hotel Suggestions for 2 couples

Try the Golden Parnassus. Good time is had by all. Adults only. Great beach bar and Tiki Bar. Food is good and service is too.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun- All Inclusive Hotel Suggestions for 2 couples

Going to Cancun in February. Need advice on where to stay. Have been to Cancun before but looking to stay somewhere different. The 3 we have in mind are the GR Solaris, Great Parnasuss and the Condessa. We are in our 50's but it doesn't have to be adults only. Beach is important. Thanks!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancun- All Inclusive Hotel Suggestions for 2 couples

Condesa would be my choice by a wide margin. I thought GP was nasty when I visited.

Condesa has a lovely pool area and beach, good food, great staff. I think it is a great value personally.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,109 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancun- All Inclusive Hotel Suggestions for 2 couples

"To give you an idea of our budget, something in the price range of the Iberostar and GR Solaris. "

I'd choose the Iberostar over the GR