We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally decided!! But prices...

Hilliard, Ohio
9 posts
Save Topic
Finally decided!! But prices...

We finally decided to book EPM for our honeymoon in June, 7 nights. Woohoo!

We decided on the EC roof-top terrace and are hoping to get one of the corner rooms, fingers crossed!

HOWEVER... Prices have gone up significantly in the past few weeks. Is it possible that they will go back down or will they continue to rise as we get into the holiday season?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,274 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally decided!! But prices...

What "prices"? Prices for booking directly with the resort? Prices for booking an air ticket and resort package together? Are you looking at a specific website or agency or direct? Need more information.

Hilliard, Ohio
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally decided!! But prices...

We've been looking at hotel+flight packages on websites such as Expedia and Bookit

Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally decided!! But prices...

Many of the online travel services have great promo codes for Thanksgiving. Last year, Travelocity had a Black Friday code for 30% off the hotel+flight packages. I would wait and see if any of these websites do it again.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally decided!! But prices...

I think they will come back down. Last year I watched prices daily.... got really scared when they starting going up lol Thought I missed my chance :) However, the week of Thanksgiving they came down again and we ended up booking on Black Friday. I happened to check prices a few weeks before our trip and prices were lower than I had ever seen them..... of course I am too paranoid to wait that close to book!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally decided!! But prices...

Cadillacqueen do you remember when they released the Black Friday travelocity code last year? Was it two weeks in advance? I can't remember

Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally decided!! But prices...

I think it was on Thanksgiving Day, because I received the email while at dinner at my In Law's, and we were trying to decide where to go on our January trip. The code was good for several days.

Dillsburg...
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally decided!! But prices...

Was the 30% off flight and hotel package from Travelocity good for all resorts or just certain ones if you remember? If so, was excellence one of them? Thanks in advance

Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally decided!! But prices...

I believe it was off any hotel+air booking. I don't know if Excellence was one of them. I hope there are good black friday deals this year :)

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally decided!! But prices...

With out a doubt wait. Classic tactic. You have several mos. to sit back and take notes.

I always take the family in June.. I"ll usually purchase our trips an average of 3 mos. out. Why you ask? Because that's when i find the deals. This is no hard rule though! I'll start looking 5 mos out appx.

"Prices have gone up significantly "

I'd be curious to know how much up? Anyhow, you now have a low, and a high price. When you see the low price again,make your move. Me, I 'd wait and take notes and try and beat the low one. Time is on your side, let it work for you.

Edited: 13 November 2013, 21:47
Hilliard, Ohio
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally decided!! But prices...

cancunone,

The price for our trip has gone up nearly $700... We could have had an entire extra night, or two, for the price it is now if we booked it a few months ago. We will take your advice and wait it out in hopes of finding a better deal :)