We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croc Attack

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,359 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Croc Attack

According to local news reports, a Canadian tourist was attacked while playing golf at Iberostar Cancun. Reports say he was attacked while retrieving a golf ball from a bush on the course. Apparently, other golfers hit the croc with clubs to drive him away. The man was treated at the Galenia Hospital and received 200 stitches to close the wounds.

Take care in retrieving lost balls on area courses!

www.poresto.net/ver_nota.php…

Cancun Passion
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours
Caribbean Connection
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Olympus Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croc Attack

Yikes another one! I remember reading about another guy getting attacked on the same course not long ago. If I remember correctly the guy lost fingers.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,359 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croc Attack

The article only says the other attack occurred several months ago and that a law suit has been filed in that case.

San Mateo...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,504 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croc Attack

Why sue, every course has its hazards, LOL

Northeast
Level Contributor
806 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croc Attack

I once played with a guy who went 5 feet from a croc to take a picture right near where this guy got attacked.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2408550/Edward-…

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,703 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Croc Attack

My golf balls are not that valuable. He can have them.

6. Re: Croc Attack

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 06:20